Problem Updating the Thieye T5E

RodriGL7

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi guys, I just updated the camera to the last version (180601 V5.1) after a whole year of not using it. (I bought it in January 2017 and I never updated it). Everything seems to be good, just one thing: To update, I connected the cam to the PC to transfer the archive instead of using a SD Card Reader because I don't have one.

All was okay until I turn it on. It turns on with the updated firmware but it shuts down immediately, like 5 seconds after. I'm a newbie here and I'd love to get some help to know what I can do now

Thanks!

Hi guys, I just updated the camera to the last version (180601 V5.1) after a whole year of not using it. (I bought it in January 2017 and I never updated it). Everything seems to be good, just one thing: To update, I connected the cam to the PC to transfer the archive instead of using a SD Card Reader because I don't have one.

All was okay until I turn it on. It turns on with the updated firmware but it shuts down immediately, like 5 seconds after. I'm a newbie here and I'd love to get some help to know what I can do now

Thanks!
Hi,

Try reloading firmware from SDcard.

Plug camera into PC using USB and power ON
select 'Mass Storage Device" from cam menu.
Copy file from your PC download directory to SD card in camera (should be Drive D: for example)
Next "Eject" USB Drive from PC and T5e should power off. Remove USB cable from camera.
Power on and the cam should load f/w automatically. Blue LED flashing.
Finished LED stops flashing and it powers off.
Now you must remove the .bin file from SDcard. Plug into USB to PC and power on camera then select "Mass Storage" mode from camera menu.
Delete the 'firmware.bin' file.
Eject the USB device, unplug cable and try powering on.

Last edited:
Back