Problem when trying to turn on

Josie2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my NextBase DashCam 312GW. When i turn it. The light goes a mauve ish colour and the screen stays on the NextBase logo, and that is all it does. Please could anyone give me an idea of what the fault is, and if there is a fix to get it back running again. Many thanks

This is from memory ..... mauve is a mixture of red and blue which means it's charging and doing something else, it's in the manual.

That behaviour is normally when it's plugged into a PC USB so check your lead, are you using a car USB connection ?

Hi. Yes I am using a usb lead. I have tried a number of different usb leads but i get thr same effect. Even tried using a power bank, that has resurrected a Samsung smart watch when then battery was totally flat. But no joy with my 312GW DashCam. Many thanks for responding to my message.

As a test, temporarily use the supplied fag lighter adapter. Quite often USB leads either don't supply quite enough power from the power socket to USB adapter or they confuse the dashcam into thinking they are connected to a PC.

Hi. Tried it both with the NextBase 12v lead. Also with the previous old DashCam lead. Only difference was the LED went from mauve to Red, but the NextBase logo stayed on still. I tried the reset button, and still wont start up and go to the camera. Any other options from anyone would be great fully appreciated. Thanks Paul.

The only thing now is to try another sdcard. If it still fails then I'm out of options.

From your initial description and my experience with various power socket USB adapters I guessed you may have had the I've had.

I've got 3 USB adapters for my Honda. One doesn't work because it doesn't reach the bottom, another just reaches the bottom but an uneven road causes it to make and break but the third works perfectly.

I'd personally never use a USB to power a dashcam or satnav unless the manual says so because they often go into PC mode or flick between PC mode and navigation/camera mode.
My dashcam uses the Nextbase hardwire kit and my Garmin uses its factory power socket lead plugged into a power socket I've wired in behind the dash.

Been there got the TShirt :)

Last edited:
Hi. Tried everything you said. Different SD cards, different power leads usb and cig lighter. Still the same. I think its had it. I will have to get another unit, cant think of anyway around it. Shame as its a good DashCam. Many thanks for all of your suggestions and help. Cheers Paul.

Hi. Tried everything you said. Different SD cards, different power leads usb and cig lighter. Still the same. I think its had it. I will have to get another unit, cant think of anyway around it. Shame as its a good DashCam. Many thanks for all of your suggestions and help. Cheers Paul.

It's clearly not a good dashcam if it doesn't work, i've had nothing but issues from day one with my 312GW.

Just read all the faults on this forum, nextbase are not good dashcams, they're expensive dashcams that stop working at around 3 -12 months old.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 312GW 9
D 312GW 9
N 312GW 9
J 312GW 7
J 312GW 1
Back