Problem with a119v3 starting up.

jace1969

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the new A119 which is great and all work A1 but I just have one small problem.
If I leave my car overnight then start it up the following morning it doesn't boot up, I can solve this by leaving ignition on when I get in then start car or turn car off then start it up again.
It's the genuine cable that I used for my other a119 v2.

Cheers for the reply, i will try that but after i started this topic i read on here with people with the same problem where something about the car voltage was dropping
so it didn't boot up first time only if you start car then turn off and restart again which seems the same problem.
I will try other cigi adapter as this was said that it was that on one of them and also the GPS needs a few seconds to start.

Are you up to date on firmware?

Maybe set the start up delay a bit longer...

Firmware is just 1 off the new one but reading the firmware update the new one is for 1080p problem.
You say start up delay,where is that on the setting as not seen that as if i can move it just 2 seconds or something the car would be started then it would start up.

Edit...............I have found the delay so trying this on 5s as was on off.

Last edited:
You use the hardwire kits or the original power cable?

Hi,I use normal cable the genuine one as I don't want it on all the while only when car is started.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi,I use normal cable the genuine one as I don't want it on all the while only when car is started.

Just tried it in 5s delay and 10s delay and still nothing only if I start car then turn off then on again,just a quick on/off/on starting and it comes on,this cable has run V2 for years,going to try leaving ignition on but not starting for a few seconds see if that works.

Have you got any other mini USB device you can test for ignition power ?

I think I have solved it but not tried yet.
Taken the old lead out,it was the one with the cigi end on and mini u s.b to fit into camera.
Reading the lead/cigi end it says 5v/1amp max output but the new lead is u.s.b both ends,camera one and normal u.s.b end which is in a u.s.b socket now but reads something like 5v/3.1amp.
I might be wrong but will update when I try.
By the way it's a 1.6 fiesta titanium 2011 petrol.
Thanks

Last edited:
Update on this.
As above i changed it and works fine now every time so a Big thanks for all your feedback and help on this.

Hi all - I have the same problem. My old A119 died (white screen of death) a week ago, so I replaced it with the A119 V3. I'm using the existing hardwire kit that I got with the original A119.

I've simply moved the new v3 GPS/V3 Camera into the place of the old one, and connecting the existing USB cable to the side of the V3 Cam. But, same problem as the original poster. I've found a few things:

1. Sometime's it works first shot, from a cold start overnight.
2. Sometime's it doesn't work first shot, and requires me to unplug/plug the USB cable in. Annoying. Or turn the car off/back on.
3. If I push the ignition-start on my keyless entry Golf GTi MK7 (accessory mode) without starting the car, it works - and can then push the ignition-start+brake to start the car, cam stays on.

Any idea what I can do to remedy this? Note: this was NEVER a problem with the A119 original camera.

Last edited:
Hi all - I have the same problem. My old A119 died (white screen of death) a week ago, so I replaced it with the A119 V3. I'm using the existing hardwire kit that I got with the original A119.

I've simply moved the new v3 GPS/V3 Camera into the place of the old one, and connecting the existing USB cable to the side of the V3 Cam. But, same problem as the original poster. I've found a few things:

1. Sometime's it works first shot, from a cold start overnight.
2. Sometime's it doesn't work first shot, and requires me to unplug/plug the USB cable in. Annoying. Or turn the car off/back on.
3. If I push the ignition-start on my keyless entry Golf GTi MK7 (accessory mode) without starting the car, it works - and can then push the ignition-start+brake to start the car, cam stays on.

Any idea what I can do to remedy this? Note: this was NEVER a problem with the A119 original camera.
To be honest mate as I said mine is working it's working a lot better but the main thing is the car battery i know 100% as i don't use my car a lot may be once every 2 or 3 days my car battery drops a bit so don't trigger the camera and I'm using the Genuine v3 power lead but I'm not a 24/7 person to leave the camera on for battery drain reason even if it's all these new hardwired kits as my car stands a lot.
Mine is 100% down to car battery.

My car battery is only 6 months old (replaced after the old one died), so I don't think it could be that. Really not sure TBH. Problem is I have to leave it unplugged for hours on end to diagnose it :(

@viofo any idea what I try next?

Last edited:
Are you using the USB power supply that came with the new V3? If that doesn't work then try temporarily running the V3's new lead and new V3 USB power supply to see if that fixes it.

Are you using the USB power supply that came with the new V3? If that doesn't work then try temporarily running the V3's new lead and new V3 USB power supply to see if that fixes it.

Nope. Using the existing hardwire kit. I have a 3wire kit I’ll likely try today. Didn’t want to go that route, but I’m tired of stuffing around. Biggest issue I have is tapping the live fuses, most of the “hot” sides are inaccessible and I do not want to tap the “important” ones.

Just rig it up temporarily to see if it fixes the problem (using your cigarette lighter outlet etc.) Then worry about hard wiring if it solves the problem.

Just rig it up temporarily to see if it fixes the problem (using your cigarette lighter outlet etc.) Then worry about hard wiring if it solves the problem.
Will give a crack - have to wait for the capacitor's to empty out unfortunately, because if enough juice gets in the first time, it does start no matter the source. Hoping to hell its not just a faulty unit - doesn't feel like it.

As I've posted a few times, you need to be careful where you tap into.

These add on units (dashcam, SatNav etc) need a circuit that doesn't cut out when the starter motor cranks, and there are a lot that do. This puts the unit into a startup/shutdown confusion. This is more of a problem with stop/start vehicles. One benefit of the Viofo is the startup delay setting that can often help.

Back