Problem with AV output in Blacksys CF-100

dgarciag

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello,

I am trying to connect the CF-100 to my CAR-DVD input without success. I do not know if it is a problem with the CF-100, the cable or the CAR-DVD input.

I am using a three color cable (RED-WHITE-YELLOW) which connects to the car dvd (red is audio left, white audio right and yellow video) . I choose the external source on the dvd screen and I can see the message "AV IN - NO SIGNAL" when the camera is recording and connected.

Does the CF-100 need an special AV cable to work with an external screen? In this case which are the requirements and where can I buy one?

Thanks again for your help.

David G.

try one of the other connectors, they often don't match, video could be on the white or red plug

Also the cf100 only has live video out with no audio. I've never used it myself but I think someone said it only shows you the front cam, so if you also have the rear one, you'll just have to check recordings to see if it's aimed right.

Have you made sure the 3.5mm jack you're using to plug into the camera matches the pin-out of the camera itself? Just because the cable you're using fits the socket does not automatically mean it is compatible, unfortunately. I've attached a photo of page 12 of the manual:
1462183399930-1721475330.jpg

It shows the rear camera in a PIP window so aiming isn't a problem. The pinout did not match the generic AV cable I bought. I had to rewire an adapter to swap the signal and ground pins.

KuoH

I've never used it myself but I think someone said it only shows you the front cam, so if you also have the rear one, you'll just have to check recordings to see if it's aimed right.

aiming mine turned out to be pretty easy - the angle of the windshield was such that i just have to pull it all the way back till it stops, and then just make sure it's pointed straight (left/right). rear i had to tweak after looking at a recording, but again, that was easy - i just brought the laptop to the car so i could record a little bit, then pop the sd card into the laptop to check it. once it's set, you don't have to mess with it again. i don't have any screens in that car that have video input, plus i have the gps antenna plugged in, so i couldn't leave video out hooked up fulltime anyway unless i made a custom wire harness for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T BlackSys / Cammsys 3
Richard Bond BlackSys / Cammsys 4
Back