problem with blackvue service

athers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my cameras started playing up over 4 months ago , first of all i thought it was mem card problem , error was it was trying to initialize card ,which it never did . so i fitted a new card , this lasted all of 3 days , when it again started saying it was initializing card , both original and new 128gb cards are now unreadable and us . tried a friends mem card out of his blackvue , worked fine for 6 hours when it again destroyed card which ive had to replace .

emailed supplier who has only answered 1 of the 10 emails i sent with a automated massage to say they had received email , so then emailed blackvue direct , who have answered my emails but told me to contact blackvue asia , who have never answered any email

to say im now totally cheesed of and thinking of throwing this camera in bin and just buying a cheap Chinese one is a slight understatement

im a disabled and reliaded on the camera incase i was involved in an accident but not had that peace of mind for months

if this is the aftercare of blackvue please DONT buy one

If you are still under warranty, I would send it in. If not, you can send it in for repairs. We installed our 650s maybe 3 or 4 months ago, & just experienced the same problem with our 2nd memory card. If it happens again, after using the most expensive hi endurance cards - then we'll be sending ours in for repair. Sometimes it just happens.

my cameras started playing up over 4 months ago , first of all i thought it was mem card problem , error was it was trying to initialize card ,which it never did . so i fitted a new card , this lasted all of 3 days , when it again started saying it was initializing card , both original and new 128gb cards are now unreadable and us . tried a friends mem card out of his blackvue , worked fine for 6 hours when it again destroyed card which ive had to replace .

emailed supplier who has only answered 1 of the 10 emails i sent with a automated massage to say they had received email , so then emailed blackvue direct , who have answered my emails but told me to contact blackvue asia , who have never answered any email

to say im now totally cheesed of and thinking of throwing this camera in bin and just buying a cheap Chinese one is a slight understatement

im a disabled and reliaded on the camera incase i was involved in an accident but not had that peace of mind for months

if this is the aftercare of blackvue please DONT buy one

Hi Athers

The UK distributer is a company in Lanark. Send them an email to try to sort your problem, as I found them very helpful in the past - derek@nwxgroup.com.

Be careful which SD cards you use. There are plenty of posts that suggest which are the better cards.

Regards

John

Last edited:
many thanks JohnM , i wonder why neither the asian or main blackvue offices told me this info

Ok, update on this ongoing saga, I got intouch with BlackVue who gave me an rma number and postal lable to the main factory. I had to pay $50 first as it is outside warranty. Sent away 6 weeks later returned in what looks like an unopened parcel, exactly same as u sent it but with lable with my address over the one I had stuck on. I opened parcel and camera (s) are exactly same as when I sent them. so now I'm out $50 and postage and still have a non working camera. If this is the way BlackVue treat thier customers then I think I will just buy a cheap car cam, less hassle. Btw I have contacted BlackVue, thier reply asked if camera was in warranty, it's like I'm emailing a robot that has a set questions, don't look at previous emails, even though I'm emailing same person that's been dealing with this this for the last 3-4 months

Not happy

Did you go via the UK Dealer in Lanark?

No BlackVue said I had to use thier repairer in the far east

Hi Athers

Your problem is similar to mine, nearly 2 years ago. I sent my cam back to Korea (via Lanark, I thought) and got the same cam back, still not working. By then, it was out of warranty, so I sent it back to Lanark (cost IRO £20-£25), and got a working cam back (different Cam, different Ser No). Perhaps you now need to bite the bullet and challenge the Authorised UK Distributer in Lanark (be advised the UK distributer changes regularly), for a repair. I'm assuming you purchased the cam in the UK.

Regards

John

No my deceased wife bought it while in Korea

My thoughts are with you.

Regarding your cam - it looks like you may need to deal with Korea. However, I'd still contact NWX group.

Regards,

John.

latest update

i sent front and back cameras to service centre in korea , a while later i got the parcel back , not repaired and no letter to say reason why . so i again cantacted black vue service who said i would have to return cameras again to korea BUT i would need to pay another $50 . after a few emails i could tell black vue where not going to back down from the 2nd charge so i filled in another rma form , sent money via paypal as before , sent back rma form via email.

since then 9th december , ive heard nothing , no emails , even though i have emailed them 3 times asking for shipping label

now https://www.blackvue.com/ seems to be down , whats happened to this company

all this has been going on for over 6 months DO NOT BUY A BLACK VUE CAM , after sales is atrocious

Back