Problem with camera

Bobcat101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just received the dashcam and have noticed a rather strange problem. If i leave it for extended periods it wont turn on , the leds flash if I press a button the bottom on the far right. I can leave it like this and even 5 minutes later its the same, other than the LEDs nothing responds. I checked the manual but there is nothing about troubleshooting. It's a brand new microsd card that I read on here should now be compatible with this camera, i'll go check the brand and report back.

This is a video of what the camera does

What I have found is that if i remove the power cable for a second and plug it it the dashcam springs to life and works great, i can drive and even park the car and go to the shops and return and it will work just fine. Seems to be an issue if its left ofr an extended period. If there is any tweaks or settings I can change that might help please advise, or I guess it could be a bad camera?.

I only just purchased it from @niko so an official distributor, so it's a genuine item. Its only been with me a few days (less than 7) so hopefully it's just a setting and not a faulty camera :(

Also, I'm using a brand new sandisk ultra 200GB A1 spec card that I read should be compatible now with this dashcam, I think StreetGuardianUSA said recently these microsd cards should be OK.

Last edited:
couple of question, which firmware version? are you using the cig plug power lead or hardwire power lead?

couple of question, which firmware version? are you using the cig plug power lead or hardwire power lead?

I'm using whatever the camera shipped with, i think its 1.16? (newer than whats on the web which is "only" 1.15 IIRC). I'm using cig power adaptor

Let me know after checking a power input setting as mentioned by @jokiin

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Let me know after checking a power input setting as mentioned by @jokiin

I checked and it looks like it was already on 2 wire but i set it again just to be sure. I parked the car at 8am and just turned it on with key in ignition and it came on right away no issue, so perhaps its overnight that it fails to start as i suspect. I guess when i park up tonight and try again tomorrow morning we'll see, or when I leave work at 5 (it's 12 now).

Have you used recently microsdcard in your PC or Mac to view recordings?

Have you used recently microsdcard in your PC or Mac to view recordings?

Nope, brand new straight from tha packaging into the camera.. should i reformat the card in the camera just to be 100% its correct?.

Yes, formatting the memory card inside unit is one of the priorities as mentioned in the user manual.

After factory resetting the camera and formatting the card it seems t be behaving. Thanks for the quick response and hopefully it'll continue to behave :)

Back