Problem with dash cam (view upside down)

Belajasuka

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Hello,
I have camera its working good just filming view is upside down. Maybe someone know how to reverse the view or reinstall its software? Or any programs whitch helps me to revers the view?

Camera specifications:
Video Format:MOV
Display Size:2.4"
View angle:170°
Camera Resolution:1280x720
Special Features:G-sensor,Led Display,Microphone,Night Vision,SD/MMC Card
Frames Per Second:30
Full HD 1080P 2.4 inch HDMI output G-sensor 170 degree car camcorder
Main Features:
small,portable,full hd with G-sensor and night vision function
Video Resolution:1080 P / 720 P / WVGA / 480 P

Here is problem video:

As you see in video all meniu and icons is in normal position, just view is upside down.

Attachments

• cam00000000001.jpg
    cam00000000001.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 12
Nop, I check it all, and in them meniu no option to reverse the view. RESET button not helps too. Default Setting do not help same. This camcorder can be like PC cam but in pc the view is upside down too. So I think Its software problem in camera, Cuz my friend have the same one and in his cam everything is OK.

I've never seen this before. Is it possible it was just kind of unfortunately put together upside-down?
Where did you get it from?

I bought it in www.aliexpress.com and dont know how to fix this cam problem. I like camera, its design, everything is working good, just one little problem, view is upside down :D Damn, I want to fix this. Maybe is some kind of program and I can reinstall this cam software? Or fix all bugs.

I thought that maybe VLC media player or RegistratorViewer would flip the video after the fact, but I can not seem to find the setting. Even after you post flip though your time stamp will be upside down if it is displayed.

Can you link the exact Ali listing you bought from? Might help someone figure out a bit more

Ask for a replacement or deal with it?

Seller say what I am wrong and somewhere in meniu is a function to reverse the view, but I am not blind, there is no what function. Ad my frieng have the same cam and there is everything OK. So I am trying to fix this problem.

Ask for a replacement or deal with it?

I would agree with Xybone. You don't have many options with this sort of camera or this kind of vendor.

Generic Chinese low quality dash cams are prone to all kinds of strange problems and product failures. In many ways DashCamTalk was really founded in an attempt to help people sort the wheat form the chaff of these no name cheap products and happily over time we have started to see more and more capable, higher quality reliable products come to market as this technology category matures. It is these known, well regarded and well reviewed cameras from vendors that have come to gain our trust and loyalty that one should really be focusing on if you want a good working, reliable camera.

It looks to me like this camera's sensor is mounted on a separate PCB and this board was bolted onto the case upside down.

I think fixing it is not hard, @Belajasuka you could try asking a mobile phone repair shop to fix this, they would do it easily.

I was in one phone shop and they say to me what it is firmware problem, all parts is in corect places. So I am trying to reinstal firmware, but its hard to do, maybe you know some programs whitch can help me? Or how to update firmware?

Yes I checked and its different, but I dnkn how to install firmware from other camera.

Ask your reseller to get you the updated firmware, if they've made some error you won't be the only one with this issue

Hmm my seller do not reply for me, so I am trying to fix this bug by my self, maybe someone know what programs is used to reinstal or update firmware?

Back