Problem with firmware update

lnferno

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my DR750S-2Ch installed today. It was working fine up until I did the over the air firmware update. Once I tried updating the firmware, the GPS and REC lights blinked red and blue continuously. I let it try to complete for 45 minutes, then gave up. Now, no matter what I do, it just get stuck with the lights blinking continuously. I tried the other method by downloading the firmware from the Blackvue site, unzipping and copying the Blackvue folder to the SD card (which is the SD card that it came with by the way). That didn't yield any different results. Any ideas or suggestions?

Just to clarify, I was on v1.0 originally. I tried to upgrade to v1.001

You might have bricked your camera. The only way to fix it is to send it back to Blackvue.

I ended up getting it replaced.

How does replacement process look like?

The replacement is working perfectly fine. RMA process. You send the non-working version in - they send you a new one. I really like this dashcam - now that I have a working version :)

Thanks. Did you have to return everything? Box, cable and camera unit? Or just the camera? I already installed everything, with cables safely tucked in under headliner and a-pillar.

Back