Problem with GT300W

mccoy

Reaction score
I just got a GT300W but I can't seem to have it working right.

If I use it for just a few minutes for testing, all seems fine: it records videos, and I can watch them in the computer.

But when I leave it on for a long trip, and I check back the videos, there is a bunch of 350mb MOV files that when I open in Media Player Classic show they are almost 2 hours long but there is no video, only audio (but I don't listen anything either). This is exactly what I see, for all the files created.

gt300w.png

Sin_t_tulo.png

I tried playing them with VLC as well, and it doesn't even show a duration, it's like the file didn't open at all.

I'm using a 32GB Samsung Class 10 card, formatted with a 32kb cluster size in FAT32. With any other cluster size the camera was giving error "wrong custer(sic) size".

I have set it up with loop recording of 3 minutes, and no motion detection or parking mode or anything like that.

What the hell is going on? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

format the card in the camera

can you view the recordings in the camera?

try on another PC, might just be a codec issue on your computer

I think it's either a problem of the card or of the camera.

I tried one last time, the card became totally corrupted. This is what shows in windows explorer

http://s9.postimg.org/qj7igp87j/****.png

The camera says "memory error", it does not play anything nor record. It must have happened after maybe 2 hours of seemingly recording, it was in a long trip (7+ hours) and I really was not up for checking.

I was stopping (engine off) and starting a few times during the trip, in which moments the camera turns off and on. Could that be the cause? I suppose this kind of cameras are made to work exactly like that without corruption... but let me know.

I have resetted the camera to factory settings and formatted the card inside the camera. Let's hope that does it...

Try different memory cards, format from window, if that does not work report consumer camera seller, lucky dude.

Back