Problem with instalation Yi app on android phone

masiago

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I´m tryling to install app with ASTRO, but it is not working. Problem is probably that my android is version 4.0.4. Is it possible to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

many users are reporting problems with official app, thats why i am trying to rewrite C&C for android as well... Try to redownload the app, chinese servers are borked

many users are reporting problems with official app, thats why i am trying to rewrite C&C for android as well... Try to redownload the app, chinese servers are borked
I downloaded two apps and phone is not able to instal them.

did you allow "unofficial sources" (Nezname zdroje) in phone settings?

Does somebody have solution?

I think you have to have android version 4.1 and higher... ..as suggested, use PC app and you will be limited to one video and one photo option (of your choice), which is better than nothing :)
Still...till bluetooth controller is not out, the wifi controller is very bad to use if you don't have spare batteries for your mobile + camera ;)

you mean that i bought wifi sport camera and i can not use it on that wifi (no matter that wrong android) because of battery drain? :D

:) something like that, it's not that bad, depends how long do you want to take a pictures or videos.
But if you want to connect everytime to check settings etc. nah ...bad idea :)
For now I just picked one photo and one video mode (don't really need to play around with some other options) and the battery lasted really long.
But if you want to use it frequently in wifi mode, than it can be a problem.
It really depends.
If you only take shots on a trip and you have full battery in both devices , than I think it will last that one day without problem.
Bad thing for you is that you will have to buy different mobile , or to use someone elses phone (with IOS or android 4.1 and higher).

Just came to my mind, I still have and old firmware, newer one can have wifi communication optimized a bit better.

You bought a sport camera with wifi capability. ANY device with wifi on will drain more power than without wifi. BTW if you are friend with soldering iron, you can hook in external power supply instead of battery ;)

thanks guys :) one day is enough for me

Just came across this Forum!

I updated the Yi app on my Galaxy S5 yesterday to v1.7.
It was a real pain because the v1.3 app didn't recognise the new v1.6 version was available.
I manually downloaded the apk and installed that in the phone... and once that was done I could easily update the Yi f/w to v1.1.

Details and lots of pictures of what I did on my blog: http://vk4ghz.com/xiaomi-yi-app-v1-7-fw-v1-1-0-update/

:)

Back