Problem with mobius camera

fakeru

Reaction score
Country
Moldova, Republic Of
Yesterday a new mobius camera arrived to me. I owned already I mobius camera lens A, I thought to a buy a new one lens C and replace the old one, but the old one would go at the rear of car, so I planned 2 cameras in my car.
I used the new camera for a a day, without no problems. Today I started to install both cameras. I run into some difficulties, never got both cameras working at the same time. For the new camera I thought to replace the battery with a super capacitor. Can't remember if it worked, but now no matter if I put, the battery back or the super capacitor, the camera it seems like doesn't receive power from a external source, weather it's the car charger or an external battery or even the computer. If I turn the camera on with the button it works ok. But I need the auto start on external power connection.
What is even more strange, it seems like the camera gives power through its battery and not receiving it. I connected the camera (turned off) to a the car charger that has a small blue led, and the led turns on :)) I attached a photo of that.
I do the same thing with the old camera, and that doesn't happen...
I'm really sad now, I don't how to fix this...
Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMAG1633.jpg
    IMAG1633.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 25
Did you check with mSetup program that power setting is "both" ?

Yes, I have the "both" option selected.
When I connect the camera to pc, it also won't start, so I have to press the power button in order to have connected to my pc.
When I take the battery out, the connection with pc is immediate. Same happens when I connect the camera to the car without battery, goes on, starts recording.
And it's not the battery wrong, because I tested it on the other camera, and it works fine.

My problem is something different. I just found oo another forum that someone had the same problem as me.

I have a V3 with B lens, only 2 months old and used as an FPV camera. I used it yesterday and it performed faultlessly. Today it refused to boot up automatically when the USB is connected, either in the model or on the PC. I have it set to auto power up and auto record. It will not power up on connection, I push the power button and it will power up and auto record. I have to manually power down no, before it was set to auto power down.

I cannot reflash the firmware as the camera will not power down on its own when I disconnect the USB

Is this a Return To Retailer or is there a simpler fix?
Thanks in advance

I had a similar failure on one of my v3 test cameras. I sent it back to the developer for examination and the cause was found to be a failed
"reset" IC (see attached image). Possible causes for the failure were given as :

1. Components reliability issue – aging
2. SMT Processing issue (pressure control, static control)
3. Assembly Processing issue (pressure, static, voltage loading)
4. Issues in usage, testing (pressure, static, voltage loading – wrong pins connection

I don't know any specifics of the IC or any retail source for a replacement. I suggest contacting your vendor for a possible warranty resolution.

Back