Problem with Registrator Viewer

mercury2000

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Rollei CarDVR-300
Hi,

I am new to this Forum and i hope you can help me. I use Registrator Viewer as software for my dashcam and it's a great program, providing all the functions i need and very easy to use. My problem is the sound in it. Whenever i watch a video or cut/save a clip using Registrator Viewer, the sound is crackling. The problem must be somewhere in the software, because if i open the files directly with VLC or something, the sound is just fine. Does anyone know what might be the problem and how i can solve it?

A sample so you can see what i mean:

mercury2000
Checked on RegistratorViewer_v.6.0.0.22, everything is fine, look for a problem in the PC

thanks for the reply. The problem occurs on every computer i have tried so far and it also occured with my old camera.

EDIT: However, thanks to you i found out that i am running Registrator Viewer 6.0.0.1. I will download the latest version and see if that helps.

EDIT 2: It made no difference.

if the file only crackles on RV but the same file is ok on the same PC with VLC then it would likely be a codec issue

if the file only crackles on RV but the same file is ok on the same PC with VLC then it would likely be a codec issue

thats what i thought too. but how can i fix that, where do i get codecs that work?

Win7 is more prone to this issue than Win10, a default Win10 install shouldn't have this problem but it's likely something else you have installed which is the root cause of the problem, the K-lite codec pack or the Shark codec pack will generally give you everything you need, K-lite is the one that the developer of Registrator Viewer always used to recommend

Reactions: gse
Win7 is more prone to this issue than Win10, a default Win10 install shouldn't have this problem but it's likely something else you have installed which is the root cause of the problem, the K-lite codec pack or the Shark codec pack will generally give you everything you need, K-lite is the one that the developer of Registrator Viewer always used to recommend

I have the K-Lite installed on every PC i have tried (at least 6 or so) and always had the same issue. I'll try and install the Shark codec pack and see if that helps.

EDIT: With the Shark codecs installled i cannot get RV to work at all.

Last edited:
see if you can find a friends PC that doesn't have K-lite installed and see if you get the same, a standard Win10 install will work with RV without issue and doesn't need K-lite, the usual need for adding it is due to some other software that has been installed which has changed something

give your original video file, I'll look at my PC

It's a pretty small problem that I have, but I wonder if there is a good solution anyway.

So I'm watching my Viofo A129 videos and the Datakam player is always mixing front and rear camera clips togehter:

My solution actually is to sort all front clips and put dem into a different windows folder, but I think there might be better solutions. :unsure::unsure:

It's a pretty small problem that I have, but I wonder if there is a good solution anyway.

So I'm watching my Viofo A129 videos and the Datakam player is always mixing front and rear camera clips togehter:

(Image)

My solution actually is to sort all front clips and put dem into a different windows folder, but I think there might be better solutions. :unsure::unsure:

I don't believe Registrator Viewer support front and rear camera system, that's why it can mix up the video from both cams. You need newer software like Dashcam Viewer.

Yes registrator viewer are no longer valid, you will need to use another newer player like dashcam viewer.
But of course DV are not free like RV was/is.
Personally i seldom need what the dashcam players do, so i just use the player in windows 10 ti view the video.

I don't really need it as a viewer, I need it to cut and shorten some videos, which I'd like to keep. And that works incredibly good with the good old registrator viewer.
But maybe it's time for a change and I should take more advantage of that "emergency button / safe record" anyway. :)

Yes its A ----- B save whats in between was nice, i am not sure but this should also be in other newer dashcam players.
And the automatic remove segment overlap which was much used before, registrator viewer made that so nice and easy.

Personally i pull entire videos ( 3 minutes ) and most often mix those up for upload to youtube, and then delete the raw files when thats done and so only save the results on youtube and on my computer.

Back