Problem with Safety Guidance Speed Camera

I'm confident it isn't a QC issue. We keep a close eye on Thinkware returns and they are far lower than any other dashcam we have sold in the past. Our last returns we had sold approx 3200 cameras and had 51 returned that were confirmed faulty. Several of those were power offs during software upgrade before we had the software & jig to recover them. Any electrical item that has less than 2% failure rate we are happy with!

The strange thing with this App issue is it seemed to start when nothing had been changed, it didn't seem to tally up with an iphone update or an App update this is what's confused everyone. I have had a couple of cameras that crash the app sent back to me and i then tested then with 2 different iphones that my colleagues have and it worked flawlessly!

You might just need to bare with Thinkware a bit here, like i say it's being treated as a priority.

When I had mine installed at the car audio shop my iphone wouldnt work but the installers iphone and android would work. When i got home after having it installed i reset mine back to factory and it worked. This was on my iphone 5s.

Now after having my iphone 7 and was working okay, Yesterday it failed to show any footage and from that point it would never allow me to watch any footage. The app just kept crashing no matter what i did. Which brings me to now.

When i spoke to Liam at Thinkware UK, he said to me this was the FIRST reported case of what I was experiencing with the app crashing. He said there have been no reported problems with the iPhone? I dont understand why Thinkware UK are saying they have no reported issues but if you look in the app store on apple it shows more people with problems with it crashing, so Thinkware must be lying about the numbers who have issues with the app crashing.

Last edited:
I have reset back to factory, downloaded the app again to the iphone 7 and guess what it works again. So really this kind of proves something is very wrong with the dash app if this is the only way to get it working again.

The strange thing with this App issue is it seemed to start when nothing had been changed, it didn't seem to tally up with an iphone update or an App update this is what's confused everyone. I have had a couple of cameras that crash the app sent back to me and i then tested then with 2 different iphones that my colleagues have and it worked flawlessly!

You might just need to bare with Thinkware a bit here, like i say it's being treated as a priority.

I have no idea what is causing this to happen. I took a photo of the safety guidance screen I want you to have a look at,

image1.JPG

The bit where it says Right LDWS Sensitivity, should that not be greyed out since LDWS is not enabled with the toggle, on my iphone it shows it still active?

Im confused with this?

I live in the US and updated my f770 firmware last year to the latest version 1.00.06. Ever since then my distance to red light camera is stated in meters not feet, like it use to. Numerous calls to Thinkware CS was no help. They tell me they will contact the programing department and get back to me. They never return my calls. I reloaded the firmware several times and rechecked my settings all with no help. It still calls out in meters not feet. I'm stuck with it now..Thanks Thinkware

I live in the US and updated my f770 firmware last year to the latest version 1.00.06. Ever since then my distance to red light camera is stated in meters not feet, like it use to. Numerous calls to Thinkware CS was no help. They tell me they will contact the programing department and get back to me. They never return my calls. I reloaded the firmware several times and rechecked my settings all with no help. It still calls out in meters not feet. I'm stuck with it now..Thanks Thinkware

I know your frustration, i was told by the UK support team that someone from second line support would contact me via email and have not had anyone contact me. I wouldnt say there support line is an actual help line, more a place you phone up tell them whats happening and not actually get any help. Basically a complete waste of time.

I was told that i couldnt get back the safety guidance firmware that was loaded on my cam when i purchased it with working safety guidance firmware so that my speed cameras would work again. Maddog1974, a forum member had it, i downloaded it and loaded it on my dash cam and now speed cameras are working again.

Thinkware's resolution was to return the cam from where i purchased and had it installed.

Thinkware UK are still saying to me that the smartpoint.dx2 file should still be on the memory card after pulling out the memory card from the cam. Which is wrong again. I do wonder what this support is actually for if they dont actually know how the dash cam operates? I cant believe this company, really

Back