Problem with Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 and new panorama S

greyscale

Reaction score
Country
United States
just opened the Panorama S and hooked it up in my car. The unit powers up fine. I installed the Sandisk 64 and formatted the card. So far alls well. Drove the car around for about an hour, then removed cam from car and brought into house. Now the problems start. The files in the cam are said to be MP4 type. ok tried to view files on my Macbook Pro via a Sandisk card reader. No go. The card is reported as bring UNFORMATTED. So, I bring the card reader to my Windows 7 server, same result, card is UNFORMATTED. tried to reformat the card via Windows 7, failed. Placed the card into my Nikon D800E and Format. Formats fine and now the MAC and Windows 7 machines see the Sandisk card. Ill try to get the Firmware from the cam today and post.
I'm not sure If this is a bad cam or what???

greyscale

Do you have another card you can try as a test?

I can PM you firmware 1.15.02 to try as well. (If you have anything lower)
Do you have another card you can try as a test?

I can PM you firmware 1.15.02 to try as well. (If you have anything lower)
Hi Jon, yes I do have another card same brand/size also new will try that one, however both cards work fine in my Nikon D800E????. Will get back w/ firmware today.
Thanks for the help AWESOME customer support!!!!!
greyscale

Hi Jon, yes I do have another card same brand/size also new will try that one, however both cards work fine in my Nikon D800E????. Will get back w/ firmware today.
Thanks for the help AWESOME customer support!!!!!
greyscale
OK, I placed the second card Same brand/size, into the cam and formatted, ok. Then I took a ride in car and the cam seems to to working. Back home, I placed the 2nd card into my card reader and then opened a trial copy of Dascham Viewer. Files display properly and look good. I then imported the files into Lightroom5, where again, the files play properly. Must have been a card problem, although the card woks fine in my Nikon. FWIW, the firmware version is 1-15-01, date12-24-2014, GLG300.
Thank you again for your quick response.
greyscale

I'd definitely recommend the h2testw test on the card that is playing up - it's totally possible that the camera works fine as it isn't writing anywhere near as much data to the card - just one 2 minute Panorama clip can use as much space as around 50 photos depending on size and quality so you can see the dashcam could hit issues sooner if the card is on it's way out.

The test doesn't take long and should be done in an hour or two.

I'd definitely recommend the h2testw test on the card that is playing up - it's totally possible that the camera works fine as it isn't writing anywhere near as much data to the card - just one 2 minute Panorama clip can use as much space as around 50 photos depending on size and quality so you can see the dashcam could hit issues sooner if the card is on it's way out.

The test doesn't take long and should be done in an hour or two.
Will D/L that app and run both cards through it, Thank You Rev.

where did you purchase the sandisk? i use sandisk exclusively (128gb and 64gb) and have never had an issue in the dashcam I use (currently a panorama X2).

Back