Problem with sandisk Ultra 64GB micro SD Card

soundesciple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR400G-hd II / mini 0803 / Mobius + A lens.
So I have had a few problems with getting my videos off my mobius and on to my PC. when i put the card in the reader the drive/reader appears but says please insert a disk.
So i ran the card through H2testW and got these results.

Capture.PNG

So dose this mean my card is starting to fail or is there something i can do to correct the errors and restore it to good working order again?

That definitely doesn't sound good - does it still do the same after a format as well?

If so sounds like it's warranty time!

I tend to format the card about once every few weeks, but lately i'm getting these problems more frequently. the cards is about 2.5 years old now as it was used in my Samsung S3 phone before I got my dash cams so it has had some use. But I don't know how long the warranty for the card is.

verify your card is legitimate. there are programs you can run to test the authenticity of the card.

i use sandisk exclusively up to 128GB between 3 cameras (one @ 32gb, two @ 128gb) and i have not had any issues. these cams run 24/7 days a week. i format the cards once or twice a week in the cams to clear the file table but thats all i do.

verify your card is legitimate. there are programs you can run to test the authenticity of the card.

Do you have a link to any of these programs, as the only one i can find is the one i ran my test with H2testW v1.4.
Thanks for the help.

( update.) Done a few more tests with H2testW today and all failed. so looks like the card is failing fast. had a reply off Sandisk and they are going to get in touch within two working days.

Capture3 Format Fat 32.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture 5 exFat.PNG Capture 6 verify.PNG

Capture 7.PNG Capture 8.PNG
Capture 70.PNG

I tried these tests with the card formatted to Fat 32 and exFat so not looking good.

Attachments

• Capture 6 verify.PNG
    Capture 6 verify.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 6

i use sandisk exclusively up to 128GB between 3 cameras (one @ 32gb, two @ 128gb) and i have not had any issues. these cams run 24/7 days a week. i format the cards once or twice a week in the cams to clear the file table but thats all i do.

From what was in the original post he WAS using the best test program

Quote "So i ran the card through H2testW and got these results."

Update.
I contacted Sandisk today on there "live chat" asking about my card, they said that they got my email with the above screen shots but no photos attached. so they took my mobile No and called me back straight away, asked for the S/N off the back of the card and confirmed it was a legit and not refurbished card. They are now sending me an RMA label to replace the card. All sorted in a matter of 5 mins.
Excellent after sales service i would say.
Very happy chappy.

Back