problem with SG9665DC

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
My camera stopped and started on it's own. I thought it was a loaded card,I thought it just kept looping, so I deleted the files? Also I noticed it is recording only the rear view. How do I change it to the front view(and record the rear as well?

SG9663DC you must mean mentioning rear camera, SG9665GC are a single channel camera.

A SG9663DC should record both channels, only thing you can change this is unplug the rear camera in which case it only record the front camera, so yours forgetting the front camera and only record rear are the opposite of what i would expect.
As far as i can recall there are no menu option to select recording of either or both cameras

Try to re flash with the latest firmware, some times things can fall into a loop of badness, i just had something similar to this happen with another SG camera ( the camera just looping boot sequence and never recording on the full memory card ), deleting files on computer and then restoring / resetting the memory card using sdformatter 4.0 have solved my issue so far.

The PROs will be on this soon.

My camera stopped and started on it's own. I thought it was a loaded card,I thought it just kept looping, so I deleted the files? Also I noticed it is recording only the rear view. How do I change it to the front view(and record the rear as well?

not following what you mean, can you give a bit more detail

I meant to say DC. Doesn't it record front and back at the same time? When I played it on my computer, it only showed rear view. I thought there was a way to change it, with the little rear view in the corner of the monitor....?

It record the cameras as 2 separate filed named A and B ( Front and Rear ) the 2 files are not stitched together so you can preview them with one as a picture in picture.
Its only on the camera screen you can select Front - Front + rear / Rear - Rear + Front, but this have nothing to do with the files saved just what you see on the screen.

If you like the one picture embedded on top of the other that will have to be done in post production.

I meant to say DC. Doesn't it record front and back at the same time? When I played it on my computer, it only showed rear view. I thought there was a way to change it, with the little rear view in the corner of the monitor....?

what program are you using for playback?

Sadly my screen recorder tool have been killed by a windows 10 update, along with my software to view and control my NVR from the PC.
Otherwise i could wip up a video real fast explaining the file structure and naming + how to do a pip video with the software i use.

O yeah totally forgot dedicated dashcam players, as far as i know only the Dashcam Viewer can handle the SG9663DC footage, and i believe it can do pip if i am not mistaken.

But a regular player like Microsoft own player or VLC cant do that little trick.

When you look at the card file browsing direct (not using any special player) do you not see both A and B files? Send a screen shot. The problem you are describing is not clear. Not sure if you’re taking about computer playback or playback directly on the camera as well.

Playing the videos on your computer ?
Do you just double click on a file to play it

I sent you our support number via private message feel free to call and I’ll help clear this up quicker for you.

how are you playing the files?

On my laptop...is there an option on there to choose front or rear view? And are front and rear view being recorded at the same time? And do I have to go into my laptop and delete files, or does it loop and record continually?

Yes the front and rear video segments always start and stop at the same time, they are also named the same ( time / date ) and then tagged with A or B so you can tell them apart and you cant have 2 files with the same name in the same directory.
There are no way to play 2 files at the same time with a regular media player on a computer other than play them manual in a smaller window, you can give dashcam viewer a try it have a functioning demo so you can try it out / play around with it.
https://dashcamviewer.com/

You do not have to delete files at all, when the memory card are full the dashcam will automatic delete the oldest recordings on the memory card to make room for new ones. This is why having a memory card of decent size are important.
It is a good idea to once in a while format the memory card but you only need to do so every 2 - 3 months ( this restore the file structure on the memory card as it can get a little fragmented over time from all the writing and deleting )
Formatting in the camera mean everything on the card get deleted, so make sure to save anything you might want to keep before, you can also format / delete all the files om the memory card on the computer, but then its still a good idea to format in the camera also.

I run a 128 Gb memory card in my SG9663DC and i have several weeks on it, but i dont drive that much maybe 3-4 hours every week.

Keep in mind though the camera record all the time, its not like you have to save it all too, i personally say 99.9 % of what my dashcams generate are "garbage" as its just me driving and nothing happen, so really its only in that rare occasion of a event you want the camera to capture it and save it as proof for your insurance company or maybe police.

So when most of the stuff the dashcam do is "garbage" then its only right to let that get recycled so the memory card are ready for storing the important events, and lucky this is one of the defining features of a dashcam, and it is all automated so we users dont have to bother our poor memory with such things.

On the SG9663DC its a good idea to press the event button on the camera when you want to save something, this put the files in a folder named RO ( Read Only ) on the memory card, and files in that folder do not get deleted even if they are very old, you can only get rid of videos in the RO folder by deleting them on the computer or format the whole memory card in the dashcam.

Last edited:
On my laptop...is there an option on there to choose front or rear view? And are front and rear view being recorded at the same time? And do I have to go into my laptop and delete files, or does it loop and record continually?

don't ever delete files from the PC, always format the card in camera

yes, and if you have a file or two you want to save on your computer, then copy it from the memory card to the computer, dont just move it off as that can confuse the camera.
But if you copy file off memory card then the original file are still on the memory card, and you have the copy on your computer.

Back