Problems and Questions about QVIA AR790 2CH (Footage download failed, Live view frozen, Unable to use other media player, Unknown new info in OSD)

Kobra

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
QVIA AR790 2CH
Hi all, I've been using AR790 2CH firmware ver 3.3.1 (latest one) with Transcend micro sdcard of 128GB.
QVIA View App ver. 1.6.5
(the latest one) is used on Galaxy Note 4 (Android 6.0.1).

I have currently been facing the following problems:
1. Footage download failed: while downloading a footage, the dashcam shut down itself before finishing the download.
2. Live view frozen: when using live view with samsung galaxy note 4, could view for a lttle while then got frozen.
3. Unable to use other media player to view: At Information menu=> USING OTHER MEDIA PLAYER => ON then select other media player such as MX player but unable to view

4. Unknown new info in OSD: Besides the above problems, after installing the latest version of firmware for AR790 2CH (ver 3.3.1) , I found a few changes on OSD of footage (refer the attached snapshots below) between Mic and AE 3.3.1 indicating 0.0s 0.0m and sometimes the numbers were dynamically changed, which I could not be sure about what they tell. (s stands for second and m for minute? but what they may tell? )

Has anyone faced similar or the same problems or had some info? I'm glad if you may share your experience and will be more than happy if you can suggest how to fix the problems or share your info.

Cheers,

P.S.
Though I had contacted the customer service of QVIA directly at http://www.qviadashcam.net since 12-August-2018 and kept following up but still no response or anything from them at all, so upset and very disappointed with QVIA support.

Attachments

• 61608.jpg
    61608.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 61609.jpg
    61609.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I think the 0.0m is a distance in miles for either a section or the distance travelled from the start of the journey - it confused me to. The 0.0s bit is a mystery but if, as I think is case with the 0.0m it may be a time record of something to do with time from the start of the journey. Might be worth a test run on a motorway/freeway/interstate type road with a passenger watching the live view - I have not done this myself yet.

I think the 0.0m is a distance in miles for either a section or the distance travelled from the start of the journey - it confused me to. The 0.0s bit is a mystery but if, as I think is case with the 0.0m it may be a time record of something to do with time from the start of the journey. Might be worth a test run on a motorway/freeway/interstate type road with a passenger watching the live view - I have not done this myself yet.
Hi Dashcammad

As far as I can assume, m may stand for minute and s for second but still have no idea what exactly they indicate or measure.
It's quite an odd situation that we as QVIA dashcam users have had to guess by ourselves.

Night version not work even there is road night in parking mode, base on my knowledge, I think QVIA AR790 and other are not building night version infrared sensor, they are build only for "Low night" without IR Light/ Night Vision Sensitive Infrared Light, its not as like "Vantrue N2 Pro Dash Cam Dual Lens"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.08.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.08.49 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I will stick my neck out and say that in my opinion higher end cameras do not use infra red lights for a variety of reasons, such as they are not very powerful and you often get glare from the windscreen. Your picture looks like I would expect it to. Night vision is a bit of a gimmick. If you are in the age bracket of 35mm film camera photography then you may remember the ASA / ISO settings.
The higher the rating then the more sensitive to light the film was. This was achieved by making the light sensitive particles bigger. The grain on the picture became more and more noticeable and the picture quality dropped. With video this is called 'gain' and basically the image becomes more grainy and lower quality as the chip increases the area of a single light sensitive segment on the charged coupled device (CCD).
The solution is to have large individual red, yellow and blue ccd's and a massive lens that lets lots of light in. The world is full of compromises and the dashcam compromise is brilliant advertising for an average product.
Stuff like all the super electronic gadgetry stuffed in to the AR790 and other makes is now common and my prediction is that high quality night vision in a small unit will be a market leader.
If anyone is interested I think two lenses, one with three primary colour ccd's and larger lens with fewer elements, have an automatic low light switch so that one chip is not trying to produce high quality footage in the light range of blindingly bright to pitch dark.
The short version is, I think your dashcam is fine, wait for technology to catch up with current demand.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D QVIA AR790 4
J QVIA AR790 1
Back