problems if using an defective extending cable

Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
recently we got some feedbacks of strange problems on defective rear camera; we confirmed the problem source now: the "characteristic impedance" of some extending cable is out of tolerance.
the reason should be the shilding film inside cable is too loose or too tight, which made "characteristic impedance" changed from design value 100Ω. the "high frequency characteristic impedance" is different with resistance which is easier to measure.
In our test and inspection here, the probability of the defective cable is around 3% in last batch.

If your camera have any problem below, please contact your distributor or me for a new free extending cable.
(the distributors will have oversea stock soon; we only have local warehouse here in China)
1, rear camera image flickers irregular;
2, rear camera image show purple / magenta stripes irregular;
3, rear camera image freeze irregular;
4, rear camera connect & disconnet irregular when power on;
5, whole camera freeze if rear cam connected (no button function, LED may work), but work well if rear cam not connected;
2.jpg 1.jpg

If your camera have any problem above, please contact your distributor or me for a new free extending cable.
If the new extending cable can't solve your problem, please contact your distributor or me for a new exchange.

we are quite sorry for the defective components, we will take the responsibility for warranty.
the new extending cables will be 100% inspected in factory.

Sincerely,
Rayman

Are there any serial numbers or other identifying marks on the camera itself?

Are there any serial numbers or other identifying marks on the camera itself?

there is no series number on the camera housing.
The shipping date is from Nov.10 to Dec.01, defective rate around 3%

Raymen,
I been sent you emails with videos and logs i did sent copy to Connie,waiting your response.
Thanks,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0i57ecxiipiow0/33.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuzihi43iou1nef/20171218_141942.log?dl=0
home

Last edited:
HI SOB2130,
per our mail connection, we will ship you new rear cable.

Rayman

Raymon,
Base on the log is the rear camera or the cable or the CPU processor where is the problems .
Thank you,

Last edited:
signal transfer problem. (data missing or error)
99.9% possibility on rear cable

Thank you for responses Rayman , I sent you my address and contact info ,waiting for replacement.

Hi Rayman,
I received my 0906 yesterday from Combi in the UK and I think I might have a faulty lead.

When the rear camera is connected 'Front' is shown on the screen but I cannot switch it to show from the rear camera (with or without the SD card inserted). Also, when I check the SD card there is no recordings from the rear camera. Does this sound like a faulty lead?

I'm happy to get in touch with Combi for a replacement if you think it's faulty.

Thanks,
David.

When the rear camera is connected 'Front' is shown on the screen but I cannot switch it to show from the rear camera (with or without the SD card inserted). Also, when I check the SD card there is no recordings from the rear camera. Does this sound like a faulty lead?

Hi David,
yes this is the feature of a defective extending cable/lead.
Please send me a mail for your shipping address and contact number, we will ship you a new cable directly.
my mail : rayman@megcn.com

quite sorry for your trouble.
regards,
Rayman

Thanks Rayman, email sent. (y)

Hi am using the mini 0906 for a week now.
In one of the trip video playback i have seen violet flicker in the rear view camera video. Violet color was filling the screen starting from top or just flickering in the screen. It happened for couple of times continuous in that video.

Its not seen in any other videos it took yet, only in that single video.

Do you suggest me to claim for new cable. Or is it some radio interferrence as it occured once only.?

Is it going to increase if am keeping same cable?

Another issue is the playback video stopping for one or two seconds in between. Seen In few of the videos, not all. Is this also issue with the cable?

How to make sure cable is faulty or good?

Last edited:
Hi am using the mini 0906 for a week now.
In one of the trip video playback i have seen violet flicker in the rear view camera video. Violet color was filling the screen starting from top or just flickering in the screen. It happened for couple of times continuous in that video.

Its not seen in any other videos it took yet, only in that single video.

Do you suggest me to claim for new cable. Or is it some radio interferrence as it occured once only.?

Is it going to increase if am keeping same cable?

Another issue is the playback video stopping for one or two seconds in between. Seen In few of the videos not all. Is this also issue with the cable?

How to make sure cable is faulty or good?

Today i have got the issue again in the video.
Attaching the snap.

Hope this is happening due to the cable issue as you mentioned above. The distributor (Ruccess Official Store - Aliexpress) may send me a new cable. Following up with them now.
The issue came while a video was getting recorded and once it came, the visuals of front and rear cam freezed. Voice was still getting recorded. Camera UI freezed. Had to long-press the cam power-button and shut it down.

Attachments

• AE3_Rear cable isue.PNG
    AE3_Rear cable isue.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Rayman thanks !!! got your cable, no more problems with the back camera, I've been driving for 2 days already and am happy!

Hi [U]Georjo[/U],
have asked our assistant to ship the extending cable tomorrow.

Seems like I have the same problem as "David" item no: 9

Hi Rayman,
I received my 0906 yesterday from Aliexpress and I think I might have a faulty lead.

What can I do now?

Thanks,
Steffo.

Hello Rayman! I want to ask - I got a replacement cable for the back camera. After installing it, the camera writes with interference and a poor sound.
Some videos do not write again - see photos

Attachments

• reg.screen.JPG
    reg.screen.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 17
  • reg.screen1.JPG
    reg.screen1.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 18
Back