problems if using an defective extending cable

When the rear camera is connected 'Front' is shown on the screen but I cannot switch it to show from the rear camera (with or without the SD card inserted). Also, when I check the SD card there is no recordings from the rear camera. Does this sound like a faulty lead?.

first please check the wire connection. we get some fault feedback but the reason is connection.
the cameras released from Feb should not have this cable problem.
and from your description seems the rear camera is not detected at all.

if it still not wrok after you confirmed cable connection, we can ship you a new cable.
mail me at rayman@megcn.com

Hello Rayman! I want to ask - I got a replacement cable for the back camera. After installing it, the camera writes with interference and a poor sound.

waht is your firmware version?
and what is the power source, the cigar charger provide in packaging?

recently we got some feedbacks of strange problems on defective rear camera; we confirmed the problem source now: the "characteristic impedance" of some extending cable is out of tolerance.
the reason should be the shilding film inside cable is too loose or too tight, which made "characteristic impedance" changed from design value 100Ω. the "high frequency characteristic impedance" is different with resistance which is easier to measure.
In our test and inspection here, the probability of the defective cable is around 3% in last batch.

If your camera have any problem below, please contact your distributor or me for a new free extending cable.
(the distributors will have oversea stock soon; we only have local warehouse here in China)
1, rear camera image flickers irregular;
2, rear camera image show purple / magenta stripes irregular;
3, rear camera image freeze irregular;
4, rear camera connect & disconnet irregular when power on;
5, whole camera freeze if rear cam connected (no button function, LED may work), but work well if rear cam not connected;
View attachment 35100 View attachment 35099

If your camera have any problem above, please contact your distributor or me for a new free extending cable.
If the new extending cable can't solve your problem, please contact your distributor or me for a new exchange.

we are quite sorry for the defective components, we will take the responsibility for warranty.
the new extending cables will be 100% inspected in factory.

Sincerely,
Rayman

Hello Rayman Chan

Since 2 months I started to have this problem with my dual dashcam Conkim 0906. If I have connected the rear camera, the front camera freezes and stops recording. It only works if I don't connnect the rear camera. Took me a long time of research but finally I found this forum and this information.
I ordered in Aliexpress my conkim in 2018-01-22 to Conkim Official Store -order number 89283067072822-. I sent them this post from you but they didn't offered any cable replacement (please see attached order details and conversation with seller). Could you please send me a cable replacement?. If you need any other information please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Order details.PNG
    Order details.PNG
    111.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Chat 1.PNG
    Chat 1.PNG
    121.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Chat 2.PNG
    Chat 2.PNG
    105.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Order details 2.PNG
    Order details 2.PNG
    43.6 KB · Views: 5
If I have connected the rear camera, the front camera freezes and stops recording.

if the rear camera freeze the main camera unit, there are several steps to check out:
1, please checck the straight plug waterproof connector if there is mistake installation or not full pluged,
2, please check the long cable itself especially at the trunk joint location, some users break the cable there by hard force crimpping;
3, please check the miniUSB plug on cable and the miniUSB socket on camera body. we ever seen the contact pins are bent in the connectors

after checked those, mostly we will find what's the problem source.

by the way, if there is a warranty issue, you don't need to looking for the purchase order as evidence. all the mini 0906 have the factory warranty no matter which distributer selled it.

Hello Rayman!
I do have the problems 3 to 5. I have a rear camera cable issue for sure. Already sent you message and e-mail a month ago and still no reply. Can you send me my new free cable as you say or should I buy it?

Back