Problems: no autorecord, no lockfile

9a6or

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C2, Mobius Maxi B2
No Autorecord:
I've bought the optional car charger cable to use the C2 as a dashcam. My understanding is that if I connect 5V 1A to the camera through this cable then it should turn on and start recording automatically. My camera does not do this, it only goes into standby mode (with the LED in solid faint mode). I have checked in the GUI and "Record on Power" is set to On.

No lockfile:
In loop mode the camera does not make locked files when I flick/tap the camera. The G-sensor is on High, works fine in parking mode.

I really wanted the C2 to work well... please help.

Last edited:
Hi ....mine is now doing the same thing , after a good year or so of use. Will not auto start in the car when power on ! .....A mystery as all other functions work well. Any ideas how to fix ...tried new firmware instal , new settings .

Battery is ok ...records manually ok .Just does not record automatically with car power or external battery pack .Recording test now on while it is sitting on the computer bench , running off its own battery , red light flashing . Recordings seen on the computer . Use the EZ configuration & save the settings .

No repair seems possible.Contacted Support , no answer. So back to the reliable Mobius as dashcam.

Hello Sydney, my case was a bit different than yours . I use a C1 nearly daily but I barely visit the dash-cam talk forum…and so …I apologize for the late reply . At the time, my misfortune was due to a short-circuit and frying a pcb track ( what I needed was the circuit diagrams of the camera itself , not sure that the manufacturer will provide such information to a stranger) . What`s happening with your C2 may be something different. The following assumptions may be dead wrong …however … I could be right. Most of these little cameras have the tendency to use a a sot23-5 / sot23-6 charging IC..like SGM4054 /4055 / UN8HX that limits the charging current to 90mA. I wonder if they use this configuration of custom cables and current limiting in order to discriminate the charging mode from the data transfer mode. Not having your camera on the workbench makes it a bit more difficult. My advice would be to take it to local GSM service shop … I’m more than sure that they have the tools and the knowledge to give you an answer. It`s a realy nice camera , so …don`t give up .

This may be helpful as well https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/replacing-a-burnt-out-un8hx-chip-on-the-dimika-dash-cam.6060/

Cheers mate.

Back