Problems reading MicroSD

Reuben

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi all, I recently bought a Eyoyo Mini 0806 and I'm having this weird problem I can't seem to figure out. When I take off the microsd from the dashcam and try to read it on my pc, and macbook alike, it's unreadable. Under disk management on my macbook I managed to see the microsd visible. I did the latest firmware on my dashcam, I tried formatting the card both on my dashcam and even through my macbook but still the same problem. Dashcam works perfectly and records on card without any problems. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jokin has mentioned that formatting on a Mac should be followed up by an in-cam format, which I think is good advice for Win systems too. Are you sure that you are trying to view in the correct format? I don't know which one this cam uses but .mov and .avi, are common and there are more which some cams use. Also which card are you using? Cheap and fake cards can exhibit odd behavior when used in any video cam.

Phil

The problem is that even after formatting the card on the dashcam itself, when taking out the card from the dashcam and trying to connect with my pc to view the footage, the system doesnt even recognize that I inserted a microsd in.

given that it's recording files on the cam ok, can you play them back on the cam itself??

if you can, does the mac and pc have specific MicroSD card slots or just standard SD slots, requiring the addition of the MicroSD > SD adapter? the fault could be the adapter

With my much-hated W8.1 I have to go to "My PC" then right-click through menus on "Open" to get cards to read. PITA but it works.

Phil

It has all the symptoms of a bad card reader.

Silly question, but... there isn't a second memory card in the camera by any chance is there?

I did use a different adaptor for the microsd, (both adaptors are working well because I use them to transfer files from my drone microsd). There is no 2nd card in the dashcam as I only use 1. I will try playing the files on the dashcam itself. Could it be something from the video settings on the camera itself ? Maybe loop or anything like that ?

if the cam doesn't play back the files, along with the computers not seeing the files, it's possible that the cam actually isn't recording to the card and possibly the card is faulty

In which case.. try a different/new card?

My MAC exhibits the same issue with Micro SD Cards, I use my Samgsung mobile as a Card Reader for my Mac. Also once the Micro SD has been through the Samgsung, my Mac can read it, so it appears to be some incompatibility with the way the MAc and the Dashcam operate

MAC's do things differently which is not always better, even though they want you to believe that it is. In all fairness nothing works with all things perfectly all of the time.

Phil

MAC's do things differently which is not always better, even though they want you to believe that it is. In all fairness nothing works with all things perfectly all of the time.

Phil
HI Phil, I think ive figured out the issue with mine. My dashcam required Class 10 Micro SD Cards, and I discovered some of mine are not. I have tried a couple of Class 10s and they read fine!

Glad the fix was easy and cheap- it doesn't always work like that!

Phil

Back