Problems setting up the right time on A139

Photofan1986

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello there,
I am having quite a frustrating issue with my A139, and I think it may have been there from the start but I didn't care much at first.
I am trying to set the correct time on the camera, and I'm running into several issues. First, I synchronize the phone time with the camera. The time that is embedded at the bottom of the image is correct. However, when I search through the files once recorded, the time displayed in the browser (on the phone) doesn't match the real time (and the time that's embedded at the bottom of the image). Whichever settings I try, I can't get the camera and the images in the browser to display the correct time. This can be very frustrating as I sometimes fail to find a specific footage I'm looking for in the browser. I'm using app version 3.2.5 and FWv1.6_1028
I'd appreciate some help.

The dashcam should regularly set its clock based on GPS time, you must set the timezone correctly in the dashcam settings, and also adjust for daylight saving time if you are using it.

When you connect your phone, the dashcam will synchronise its clock to phone time, which is a problem if your phone is set to a different time zone or different daylight savings time setting.

After the clock is synchronised, the camera may need a reboot to get the file times matching screen times.

Hope that allows you to understand your problem?

Dosent it only sync to phone time if you press on that in the APP, i think so cuz i have at times not set my correct timezone on day #1 when it have changed.
Denmark are +1 in the winter ( normal ) and +2 hours now in the summer to account for the summer time.
Sadly dashcams can not handle time automatic like phones and computers can.

I just set my time zone i have never used sync to phone options on dashcams, but i have used it on mu dji osmo action camera.

Dosent it only sync to phone time if you press on that in the APP
That used to be the case, but it got changed so that it syncs every time you connect, which was an issue for me because I always have my cameras on GMT, no summer time. I haven't checked recently, so it may have been changed back again?

Okay.

I also think the new cameras ( well A229 ) are making 2 event files just like SG do,,,,, that is a change i do like.

Hello there,
I am having quite a frustrating issue with my A139, and I think it may have been there from the start but I didn't care much at first.
I am trying to set the correct time on the camera, and I'm running into several issues. First, I synchronize the phone time with the camera. The time that is embedded at the bottom of the image is correct. However, when I search through the files once recorded, the time displayed in the browser (on the phone) doesn't match the real time (and the time that's embedded at the bottom of the image). Whichever settings I try, I can't get the camera and the images in the browser to display the correct time. This can be very frustrating as I sometimes fail to find a specific footage I'm looking for in the browser. I'm using app version 3.2.5 and FWv1.6_1028
I'd appreciate some help.
The old version has a bug if the camera has synced the time with the phone.

To avoid this, you only need to set the right time zone and let the camera sync the time with GPS.

Setting the time is a pain on the A139. It is always off. I am in Ottawa so set it to GMT -5. I then sync with the phone. I don't have GPS turned on.

I read this on the Viofo site but don't think it applies to the A139 as I can't see where you can set the time manually when I have GPS turned off. How do you set the time manually with GPS turned off?
  • In case have disabled GPS or use a non-GPS mount, you can set the date and time manually.

Setting the time is a pain on the A139. It is always off. I am in Ottawa so set it to GMT -5. I then sync with the phone. I don't have GPS turned on.

I read this on the Viofo site but don't think it applies to the A139 as I can't see where you can set the time manually when I have GPS turned off. How do you set the time manually with GPS turned off?
  • In case have disabled GPS or use a non-GPS mount, you can set the date and time manually.
If the GPS has been disabled, the camera cannot sync the time automatically. You can only set it in the app manually. If you do not want the GPS information to be shown in the recorded videos, you can turn off the GPS information stamps in the settings but keep the GPS on.

If the GPS has been disabled, the camera cannot sync the time automatically. You can only set it in the app manually. If you do not want the GPS information to be shown in the recorded videos, you can turn off the GPS information stamps in the settings but keep the GPS on.
How do you set the time manually? I can't find the menu item that will allow me to type in the hour, minute etc.

How do you set the time manually? I can't find the menu item that will allow me to type in the hour, minute etc.
You can click Time Synchronization in the app to sync the time manually. In this way, the time on the camera will be synced with your phone's time.
1709258372479.png

Thanks. I have tried that method before but it must have been mixed up with the GMT. Does the Time Synchronization (TS) over-ride all other time setting modes? In otherwords, if I use TS, it will over-ride the GMT setting? Thanks.

Thanks. I have tried that method before but it must have been mixed up with the GMT. Does the Time Synchronization (TS) over-ride all other time setting modes? In otherwords, if I use TS, it will over-ride the GMT setting? Thanks.
Yes, it will.

Yes, it will.
I am getting the correct time on my videos now. I am still a bit confused about how the GPS works.

1) When I turn off GPS in the app, the GPS coordinates and speed of travel is STILL recorded on the video. Where is the dashcam getting the GPS coordinates when GPS is turned off in the app? Straight from the GPS mount stuck to my windshield?

2) When I turn on GPS in the app and set GMT -4 (Ottawa) and choose sync time with iPhone, I get the correct time/date stamped on the videos. However, when my car is parked in an underground garage with no cellular signal, the blue GPS light on the cam keeps flashing. Based on tests in this forum, the flashing blue light signalling GPS is looking for a GPS signal can decrease Parking Mode time by 100 minutes. Is there a button push on the A139 3-Channel to turn off GPS without going into the app? Going into the app to turn on/off GPS is a longer process for me.

I am getting the correct time on my videos now. I am still a bit confused about how the GPS works.

1) When I turn off GPS in the app, the GPS coordinates and speed of travel is STILL recorded on the video. Where is the dashcam getting the GPS coordinates when GPS is turned off in the app? Straight from the GPS mount stuck to my windshield?

2) When I turn on GPS in the app and set GMT -4 (Ottawa) and choose sync time with iPhone, I get the correct time/date stamped on the videos. However, when my car is parked in an underground garage with no cellular signal, the blue GPS light on the cam keeps flashing. Based on tests in this forum, the flashing blue light signalling GPS is looking for a GPS signal can decrease Parking Mode time by 100 minutes. Is there a button push on the A139 3-Channel to turn off GPS without going into the app? Going into the app to turn on/off GPS is a longer process for me.
About your first issue, is the firmware version on your camera the latest one? Please update it to test if it is not V1.1_0629: https://viofo.com/content/75-A139-Pro-Support/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K A139 30
T A139 0
D A139 6
M A139 44
W A139 12
Back