problems with 2 dashcam. pls help mee

elside22

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hey,
I have 2 cameras YI DASHCAM (Model 2 Black) and have problems I can not find the solution.
Issue 1:
When I start the engine I see that the date on the camera is 2050 and the time is not intentional
When I remove the camera cable from the lighter I see I do not have battery and after a few seconds the camera goes out.
Issue 2:
I can not connect to the camera in Wifi through the app. It does not recognize the cameras

I would appreciate your help

I'm not familiar with your unit. The provided instruction on all four makes I've owned are lacking and only through trial & error and hours of playing with buttons did I resolve issues.

If your unit has a battery, I suggest you give it a good overnight soaking charge. The batteries in my units are intended to accomplish a closeout of video files and orderly shutdown. This accomplishes automatic operation when connected to an circuit powered when the engine runs. Beyond that, no real battery capacity to operate for any duration.

If you have a capacitor equipped unit, I suggest you test it for closing files and orderly shutdown upon loss of power.

I also suggest you test the vehicle power provided to the dashcam with a multimeter and confirm under all operating conditions. If it is hardwired, insure the ground is connected direct to chassis and not piggybacked on an existing wire. I discovered the car operates the dome light using both hot and ground wires. If your desire is to hardwire, I suggest using an add-a-fuse and loose 12V socket with the provided power cord secured with nylon ties. The add-a-fuse enable easy switching to another circuit and the loose socket enable powering the unit as intended by the manufacturer.

I have no experience with WiFi dashcams, but understand both the camera and the access device must be compatible with both the network and each other. My WiFi issues were always setting and password related.

Again, repeated trial & error was my path to success.

Did you solve your problems with your dashcam??

not yet.
i download another app and still cant connect

Back