Problems with my 612GW

Huey_57

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Today I have decided to send my 612GW back to the supplier and I am debating with myself whether or not to buy another. Why did I send it back? Two reasons really. The first is that during this hot weather I have noticed a reluctance for the camera to power up and quite often I have found that no recording has been made for quite a bit of my journey. The second is that I don't think the resolution at night is all that great, particularly when it comes to reading number plates. Any one else had similar issues? Thanks, Kevin

My 612GW (the first to be available to anyone in the UK) has worked since day one.

The night vision does suffer a little because the sensor cannot gather enough light using 4k pixels. However, on nice days (especially in good light) it is brilliant and looks even more brilliant when watched back on a 4K television screen.

I have taken the plunge and ordered a replacement 612GW

Hope that you have better luck with the replacement.

I am having similar problem were the camera locks up after about 1 1/2 hours. It looks like it is still recording on the screen, but the time stamp freezes and does not record, needs to be reset each time. Sounds similar. Let me know how you get on as this is my second camera with same problem. Either a dodgy batch or software update has gone out, or these cameras aren't fit for purpose.

That shouldn't be happening @qualeboy pop an email over to support@nextbase.co.uk so we can assist.

@Huey_57 definitely faulty - really sorry that happened especially so soon. The good news is it won't happen with the replacement, get in touch if you need us on 02920 866 429 or support@nextbase.co.uk.
Hi
You state that this guy would not have the same problem with the replacement???, why is this were the original batch faulty and now this error has been rectified the new batch are working as they should with no overheating , crashing, freezing and needs to be constantly reset!!!!

Hi
You state that this guy would not have the same problem with the replacement???, why is this were the original batch faulty and now this error has been rectified the new batch are working as they should with no overheating , crashing, freezing and needs to be constantly reset!!!!

perhaps they'll pretest the replacement so they know it's ok

I had mine for well over a year. Reset it just 3 times in all that time.

Mine was the first to be used by a member of the public. I was lucky to be the first. But I love it.

Mine was the first to be used by a member of the public. I was lucky to be the first. But I love it.
I would love mine as well as I love technology but unfortunately this piece of kit is a bit of a let down , especially regards customer service?? .

this piece of kit is a bit of a let down, especially regards customer service?? .
Care to enlarge on what you have found wrong with their Customer Service to?

Ok
Yes started having problems a couple of months after purchase , contacted customer support , told my memory card was fake ( even though purchased from maplins!!!!!) .
They suggested I purchased another card, which I did .
1 week on still getting same problems of freezing, turning itself on and off , getting red hot and constantly needing a reset!!!!.
Contacted customer services again but for some reason they could not find my warrranty details from my email address , I cannot find my receipt so at the moment I’m stuck with a nice £200 metal ornament. This was confirmed registered with nextbase with all my details entered and a numerical code sent to me , unfortunately the manufacturer nextbase do not have this information!!!!!!.

Can you access the bank details or was it cash.

Unfortunately most of my purchases are made with sterling so unfortunately untraceable.
I have the warranty code written on the sleeve of the box somewhere which I am endeavouring to find.

Most of my purchases are in Sterling as well, but my bank keeps a nice record of transactions for me.:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
T 612GW 43
B 612GW 2
Back