Problems with new F770 either not getting a wifi connection or not maintaining a wifi connection.

Suzysue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the UK. I got my Thinkware F770 device professionally installed / hardwired etc on Friday and since then have battled constantly with trying to get the app to work for any length of time, as the F770's wifi constantly disconnects just as i'm either trying to connect it or when I've finally got into the app and then I only manage to get a chance to look at one or two things before it disconnects again.! It is so annoying!!. I have accessed the app about 3 times in over about 50+ attempts. In fact if I come back indoors and then go back out to my car I seem to get luckier if I start from fresh each time I have Samsung Galaxy S6, the edge.

So here's an example of the last three attempts just from tonight's efforts. I also turned off my own home's wifi router at the plug just in case this was interfering but it made no difference. I am sitting in my car on my driveway outside my home just in case that makes any difference.

1) First Attempt: Get into car and put engine on. Get message from F770 that GPS is connected and that 'Continuous recording now starting'. I open my phone (which is trying to connect to a BT wifi). I click on F770 wifi button and it says 'Wifi enabled'. I get the Thinkware wifi option on my phone's wifi list and click on it. It says 'connected, no internet'. Then I open the dashcam app up and its fine and working. I check a couple of areas eg 'incident continuous' and then I go onto 'continuous' and then phone or app starts buffering and then F770 announces that the wifi has disconnected from my smart phone! So that whole exercise lasted about 2 mins before it got disconnected.

2) Second Attempt: Car engine left running. I click on F770 wifi button and it says 'wifi disabled'. I click on it again and it says 'wifi enabled'. I find the Thinkware wifi connection on my phone, it says 'connected. no internet' (I click on this for the sake of doing it - the only options are 'cancel or forget'). I open the app and it buffers. On the App the wifi button is in the 'off' mode! Then F770 says 'wifi connection is disabled. So I got nowhere this time!

3) Third attempt: Turned off engine but remained inside car. Turned on engine. Clicked on wifi on F770 and it says 'wifi enabled'. On my phone I find the Thinkware wifi connection and click on it. Then I go to the dashcam app and F770 says 'connected to smartphone'. I'm in and I check about two incidents on 'incident parking' and don't get very far before F770 announces that the wifi is disconnected and that's it again I got hardly anywhere.

This is all clearly unacceptable, so what am I doing wrong or is the device faulty?

Kind Regards
Sue

Having finally found a similar query back in 2016 I read the advice given to them and one of the suggestions was to turn off the power saving on their phone. So I've just done that and that appears to have done the trick! Although I didn't try to reconnect twice to it, only the once when I got into the car but the app finally stayed on for me to check the various features for quite some time. Hurrah!!

Was the power saving in the WiFi settings of the phone? I was thinking you have the F800 cloud app on your phone as this throws you out very frequently if it's used with the F770.

Back