Problems with Panorama G?

87Camry

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got it in the mail yesterday and may be having a few problems.
1. Does it run strictly on power adapter power? I cannot turn it on unless its plugged into the car.
2. Some video files are coming up as invalid, especially in the events folder. Why is that?

Last edited:
1) yes this is a DashCam with a high heat resistant super capacitor. GoPro has a huge battery for action can use but is terrible as a DashCam. (Avoid battery car cams)

2) what memory card are you using? Full SD or micro SD with adapter. (Only Use full) Try turning off g sensor and or motion recoding as a test too. What software are you playing back with? Try registratorviewer

I cannot use it unless it's plugged in. Is this normal?

I am using a Transcend SDXC class 10 64GB

also, How do you change km/h to mi/hr?

Yes DashCams are not meant for ActionCam self powered use. Capacitor or battery is only used to help completely write the last few files if you lose power. MPH is on the roadmap for future firmware update. This product was never originally intended for markets outside of Korea but became popular from its quality.

I also turn the mic on and off frequently as my friends are talking in the car. Could this have any effect?

It says its formatted for exFAT. I put the card in and pressed format card before using it.

Put the card in a PC and format FAT32 and you should be fine

Mic won't make a difference

Where did you buy it from?

Put the memory card in the PC?

The unit I bought from roadcam on amazon.

If we determine there is a problem we will be happy to exchange it. We offer express exchange via deposit as well. Formatting manually as fat32 might determine if you have something else going on. Please also test your card via h2testw. Contact me direct here for RMA

Will formatting it on the PC wipe the memory card clean?

Pretty sure Roadcam send details about formatting of cards when they send the cams out, some cards will have stability issues if formatted as exFAT, anything over 32GB is recommended to format FAT32 but you'll need to do that in a computer

I got this when testing

Error creating file 'H:\1.h2w'.
(The media is write protected. Code 19)
Warning: Only 54203 of 63969 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 0.00 KByte/s
H2testw v1.4

It is in the unlock position already. Additionally, when trying to format it on a computer, I only see exFAT and NTFS options

The card was recording fine until the first G-sensor event. Should I try to reformat it in the unit first?

Back