Problems with SGGCX2PRO+

Default is 5s, you might need to use 15s, normally only diesel vehicles need the longer delay but there are some exceptions

Memory card can also be related to start up issues, what card are you using?

Default is 5s, you might need to use 15s, normally only diesel vehicles need the longer delay but there are some exceptions

I'll try.
I use two MCs: SD High Endurance (came with a dash) and Samsung Evo Plus

So, here are my results: startup delay helped. At least it seems like that.

But picture quality... Still can't make it work properly under my conditions.
Don't get me wrong, the camera records great overall video but license plates are unreadable ... :(
Maybe in the future, there will be a much better product but I think I'll stick with my oldie trash-dash for now.

Best,
Advocado

Could someone with the SGGCX2PRO+ help us out by posting a screen shot that you think best shows the camera's ability to capture license plates? That would be very helpful, so that the OP could see if his picture quality is comparable to what others get.

I posted my settings on page one and here is a captured frame below. Hope this can help others in some way

Attachments

• SGGCX2PRO+ _cap.jpg
    SGGCX2PRO+ _cap.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 28
  • SGGCX2PRO+ _cap_2.jpg
    SGGCX2PRO+ _cap_2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 26
Plate capture, at least at " normal" travel speeds are still a problem many times, you don't have to get too close to sundown before the level of light render plate capture impossible at normal speeds and you have to be down to a crawl speed to do it then.
Even with the much more easy to read EU plates ( VS American plates )
If you focus too much on plate capture you will feel let down by any dashcam currently on the market.
And it is weird cuz i have tried 2 days in a row that to me appeared to be similar days in regard to light levels, and on the one day i get plenty of plates off oncoming cars ( both doing 80 kmh ) but the next day i barely get more than a handful captures driving the exact same route in what to me appear to be same light levels.
I can only explain that as some times the cameras are able to choose less optimal settings to operate with,,,,, or what appear to my eyes to be same light levels,,, well they are not.

If you focus too much on plate capture you will feel let down by any dashcam currently on the market.
Isn't it a whole point of having a dash cam?
Check this out, this trash bin dumped from the truck damaged front grille, emblem, and the hood. Total damage was ~$800.

I had a dashcam but wasn't able to capture his license plate. If I would be able to do that, my insurance would've charged that truck's insurance.
But it didn't happen. So yes, capturing license plate is everything for me and it is a letdown.

It is if you encounter a hit and run, otherwise plate will be no problem resolving if the car are there at the scene.
In that case you just need to prove who did what, and here we talk huge cars and lane markings and colors of intersections, something you can resolve on the darkest of rural roads.
You can double down like many of us have with a long range camera ( dashcam modified with a lens that let you see stuff further out ahead ) But such a camera have a narrow FOV so can not be used alone
Today i would not be without my "zoom" camera, even if i have never used its footage for other things that reporting idiots to the police, and youtube uploads.

This video are the middle 50% of the 2 cameras, wide have not been changed, so as you can see the 12 mm lens have very narrow FOV

Today sadly there are limitations in what a dashcam can do, due to a combination of the sensors used ( for us to be able to afford them ) and the lenses ( not so much though the wide angle do make things appear longer away and so harder to see, not least if it is small like a license plate.

Last edited:
Back