problems with time and GPS and acceleration for Mini 0903/nanoq

Grozimo

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Mini 0903/nanoq dashcam I received will not allow me to change the time zone to anything different from +5. There is no way to step through the time settings to change the date and time. Only the time zone number will change, but changes to the timezone cannot be saved.

When viewing the videos, the sequence is sometimes out of order, or there are big gaps in time when there should not be. Sometimes there is an accurate GPS location; sometimes the location is inaccurate or there is no GPS location at all.

The acceleration X, Y, and Z graphs sometimes show changing acceleration values that seem to correspond to movements; other times, the graphs show a cycling waveforms including a smooth sawtooth waveform or a triangular blip at the same regular intervals.

I have the camera mounted in the center of the windshield with the left and right fenders showing in symmetrical positions in the frame. The right fender is in sharper focus then the left fender.

Do all the units have these kinds of problems? Is there something loose inside? Will a firmware update fix anything?

firmware update might help with the time zone settings, won't help with a lens that's focused on one side and not the other though, that's a hardware problem, given you have a few problems maybe better to ask the seller to replace it for you

jokiin, do you have any experience using a Mini 0903/nanoq? Providing generalizations about what kind of solutions are technically possible in theory is no help for me as someone trying to use the camera's promised functionality.

jokiin, do you have any experience using a Mini 0903/nanoq? Providing generalizations about what kind of solutions are technically possible in theory is no help for me as someone trying to use the camera's promised functionality.

no it's not my product, I know what hardware they use though and some of the things you mention are firmware addressable, some are hardware problems, even getting a fix for timezone won't fix your hardware issues so talking to the seller is perhaps the better way to go

The Mini 0903/nanoq dashcam I received will not allow me to change the time zone to anything different from +5. There is no way to step through the time settings to change the date and time. Only the time zone number will change, but changes to the timezone cannot be saved.

When viewing the videos, the sequence is sometimes out of order, or there are big gaps in time when there should not be. Sometimes there is an accurate GPS location; sometimes the location is inaccurate or there is no GPS location at all.

The acceleration X, Y, and Z graphs sometimes show changing acceleration values that seem to correspond to movements; other times, the graphs show a cycling waveforms including a smooth sawtooth waveform or a triangular blip at the same regular intervals.

I have the camera mounted in the center of the windshield with the left and right fenders showing in symmetrical positions in the frame. The right fender is in sharper focus then the left fender.

Do all the units have these kinds of problems? Is there something loose inside? Will a firmware update fix anything?

I reported time zone issues a while ago. There was supposed to be a fix in the latest firmware but it still doesn't work. In my case I have to set it to -1 when my TZ is -4 (EDT)
As far as one side being sharper than the other, it is also a known issue (manufacturer did not properly cut off stand offs from lens holder) The only way to fix it is to disassemble the camera and do it your self.
My recommendation is to return the camera if you can and get a different make/model.

I had the same issue, in my case about the 1/5 of the right side of the video was not in focus.
I removed/dissasembled the cam and i rotated 180 degrees the lens with the lens base.
The result was the left 1/5 of the video to be out of focus.
Focus adjastments had could ot manage to have 100% of the video in focus.

So, the logical explanation was that the problem was not with the sensors or the lens but the base of the lens was not 90degrees with the pcb.
I tried to "sand" the side of the base that is bolted to the pcb but that was a failure.
As i had a Raspberry Pi camera with a very similar lens base i used that as a donor.
Although the lens thread length of the base is longer it fits perfectly at after adjusting the focus my camera now is focused as it should.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Rightside focus issue.jpg
    Rightside focus issue.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 22
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ljw2k Mini 0903 / nano Q 43
Back