Program A129

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
Can someone please give me advice on what to turn off and on. I do not want to loose the firmware update. I was afraid to bring everything back to factory
Where is. Impact sensor?.. someone mentioned to turn off time laspse and turn on motion but I could not find impact sensor.
I need the camera to work when I park in a lot or my driveway. I do have the hard wire kit.
At least send me to a link or something. I know this could be a personal decision but I need a starting point.

Resetting to defaults doesn't affect the firmware on the camera.

Motion detection - off, Time-lapse - off, Parking mode (of choice) - on. Leave g-sensor on default. And connect the power cable directly to the camera, not the mount.

Can someone please give me advice on what to turn off and on. I do not want to loose the firmware update. I was afraid to bring everything back to factory
Where is. Impact sensor?.. someone mentioned to turn off time laspse and turn on motion but I could not find impact sensor.
I need the camera to work when I park in a lot or my driveway. I do have the hard wire kit.
At least send me to a link or something. I know this could be a personal decision but I need a starting point.
I told you I guess the impact sensor expression. I thought you were recording in park mode with g-sensor detection.
I'm wrong about that, sorry.
I think the g-sensor measures shock forces on 3 axes and locks the recording video.
I also learned when I read the user manual

1.PNG

2.PNG

Yes I need to get reading, you are correct

Motion detection - off, Time-lapse - off, Parking mode (of choice) - on. Leave g-sensor on default. And connect the power cable directly to the camera, not the mount.
As @Harsh said, reset to default does not change the firmware, only the settings in the menu.

There are no specific settings to change if you hardwire the camera.

In addition to what Harsh said:
GPS on/off - your choice. Used to maintain date and time, in addition to vehicle speed.
Screen saver - anything other than 'off'
Set your time zone (GMT-4?)
Boot delay - 5s

I understand from Viofo the items currently manufactured work in park mode with wiring in gps/ mount.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

connecting cable to camera or gps mount, I read that is no longer a issue ,using one or the other

connecting cable to camera or gps mount, I read that is no longer a issue ,using one or the other
Depends on how long ago your camera was manufactured. Older cameras still need to connect power directly into the camera for parking mode to benefit from the 3rd wire on the hardwire kit.

New items with fixed gps mount should be in the range:
A129DG19143031-A129DG1914404

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Do you guys wire directly to the positive side of battery? It is labeled "to battery". I was going to use a fuse spot if that will work?. Right now I have it right to the battery but tomorrow I am going to swing it over to a fused circuit. I am using 3 amp fuses. Now I have everything hooked up I shut the camera off till I know what I am doing. I need to study the features and how they work. Plus I do not need it running parked in my driveway. What I do need is have it running when it is parked when I go to a store parking lot or the VA hospital parking lot. A couple of weeks ago my wife dropped me off and picked me up, there was a guy who got out of his car and his door hit my wife's car.
She told him you car door hit my car and his answer to that. "Give me a break lady". I only wish I was in the car when this happened. So I need parking mode especially at the VA parking lot. My truck has running boards on it so they help with doors getting swung open. Most times they hit the running boards. I really dislike people that have no manners. I think I was not in the car for a reason, it would of been ugly if I was sitting in the car.

Also stupid question... How do you turn off the viewer? I am sure having the viewer on will run the battery down I did it once before but I don,t remember what I did. I went into the instructions but I do not see it mentioned??

Also stupid question... How do you turn off the viewer? I am sure having the viewer on will run the battery down I did it once before but I don,t remember what I did. I went into the instructions but I do not see it mentioned??
By "viewer" you mean the screen ? See settings for 30 sec/ 1 min etc
Look at the Screensaver setting. After starting the car, or after you stop pressing buttons, the screen will turn off at the specified duration.

I was a able do this So thanks

Back