Promotional activity

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At various times (and not for any particular reason other than a bit of brand awareness) we'll be doing some promotional activity where we'll give away some cameras, the first promotion in the lead up to the release of the GT2S we'll be doing on Facebook

For those of you that don't know I'll give a quick lesson on doing business in Australia, if you want to buy something in Australia and you're looking to get a deal it's one of those situations where, it's not what you know, but who you know, out of this arrangement comes sayings like 'friend of a friend' or 'mate of a mate'

Example: When explaining to your new purchase to bemused onlookers that just can't believe the deal you got you simply tell them, "yeah, got it through a mate of a mate" and it's instantly understood that you're one of these lucky people that knows people

Ok, lesson in Australian culture out of the way I'll explain where this fits in and why it's important that you're 'one of those people that knows people'

For those of you that use Facebook (also known as 'The Facebook' if you're a grandparent) go to this page https://www.facebook.com/guardtrak find that big thumbs up and click it (go on, you know you want to)

Once you've got that bit out of the way, do a bit of sharing, you know sharing is good right? Invite your friends to like it too, there's a chance of free stuff so clicking that little thumbs up shouldn't even be a question, this isn't one of those fake 'we've got 400 open iPad's we can't sell' promotions, here's the chance to win something real and worthwhile, you all want cameras, that's why you're here, right?

And here's where the 'mate of a mate or friend of a friend' bit comes in, as well as giving away some cameras to the regular likers, we're specifically going to give a camera to a 'friend of a friend' so if you're someone I know through here you can message us through the Facebook page with your forum user name so we know who you are, we'll pick a random new liker to our page that is a friend of someone from here so when that person gets their shiny new camera for free* they'll be able explain to bemused onlookers that their amazing new camera they have is through a friend of a friend (get the connection now?)

*real cost one click on the like button, internet access charges may apply, tell them to do it at work if they're too broke to pay for internet, just make sure they do it!

Awesome!!!

I licked your page, I also liked it ;) Sharing on it's way :D

Cheers :) Mario

I'm not a big FaceBook user, (I just keep an eye on a memorial page), but i know it's the place to be for a lot of people so I'm sure this will help spread the word a little especially with free devices involved. It's always good to get more cameras in more cars.

Good luck with the promotion jokiin

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked the page last week and already shared it to a couple of friends of mine who have been looking at buying a dashcam. Don't worry Jokiin, I've told them to hold off until yours is released :)

Liked the page last week and already shared it to a couple of friends of mine who have been looking at buying a dashcam. Don't worry Jokiin, I've told them to hold off until yours is released :)

thanks, the support is appreciated, did see you there previously, just didn't know you were you at the time :)

should mention also the friend of a friend winner can be from any country, we'll send out to anywhere the recipient happens to be from

thanks, the support is appreciated, did see you there previously, just didn't know you were you at the time :)

should mention also the friend of a friend winner can be from any country, we'll send out to anywhere the recipient happens to be from

Yeah... I was looking at who had liked the page already and it's quite easy to match up some of the real people to their forum names lol

some are obvious, some not so obvious, better to confirm though so we know when the time comes who's in the group we need to work from

Just liked you with my personal account and with my small page, hope that helps.. :D

As said in another tread i am not on those social sites, but i just licked my screen here, and found out it have not been cleaned since i stopped smoking :D

Poor me - I don't know anyone who would be interested in a camera in their car.

But I have liked everything I can on the FB page!

Will there be a round 2 for those of us not using Facebook? I would like to help and am always happy to spread the word for a great product, you have earned our respect. Besides I think that non Facebook likes are more listened too, since Facebook is a spam master and people are used to regularly ignoring it.

Last edited:
Just liked and will share over on our FB Page... :)
Didn't even know what your camera was called until 5mins which is crazy! Eagerly awaiting this camera and would be great to do a review like we have for other cameras here for the UK market!

Will there be a round 2 for those of us not using Facebook? I would like to help and am always happy to spread the word for a great product, you have earned our respect. Besides I think that non Facebook likes are more listened too, since Facebook is a spam master and people are used to regularly ignoring it.

we'll be doing promotional deals through many different platforms

Good luck with it all jokiin, I signed up just to get info on your new dash cam. Looking forward to its release.

Will you be doing anything on Google+?
I just deleted my Facebook account last week ;)

Back