Prompt to reformat SD card every time

Amaferanga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed my mini 0906 and purchased a new 64Gb Kingston Class 10 SD card, but every time the camera powers up when I start my car I get a card error and have to reformat the card to allow recording. This obviously isn't right, but I don't know if it's a camera or card issue. I've also discovered that I can't playback any recordings on my computer because the folders containing the videos are 'corrupted'.

The camera appears to work fine once I've formatted the SD card and continues recording until I turn my car off.

Can anyone suggest anything I can try? Unfortunately I don't have a spare SD card to try, so does this sound camera or card related?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try this and a different micro sd card.

Did this get resolved?
I'm intermittently getting a similar problem. Keeps saying the SD card needs formatting. However, if I remove the SD card and put it back in it then works fine.
It's a Samsung 128Gb high speed card (new) that was originally formatted in the camera.
Thanks.

In my case it was an issue with the sd card. I switched to a 64Gb SanDisk card and I've had no problems.

In my case it was an issue with the sd card. I switched to a 64Gb SanDisk card and I've had no problems.

Which exact model of SanDisk card?

I'm using a Samsung Evo Plus 128 GB and this reformat prompt did occur for the first time the other day. Not sure why, never had it before in a few months of use.

Back