Proper explanation of features needed!

evans2260

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post on here. Unfortunately I have had to resort to an internet forum to find an answer to how my camera operates, which is not great - would just rather plug, play & forget.

OK, so I have a 412GW and hardwired to my new Octavia using the official kit. However, I am unsure exactly what the modes are meant to be doing. I have a permanent live feed to my camera, have Parking Mode turned on, have Auto Power Off turned on... yet I can't get the thing to do what I want! When I come to the car in the morning I have to physically turn the camera on (which is a PITA). The only exception is if I slam the door and it will then record the protected file. If it doesn't come on, it will not turn on when I drive the car unless I manually turn it on. When I pull up and stop for a while then the camera turns off, which is what I want. I also want the camera to record if something happens to it when I'm away from it.

Can someone please explain exactly what Parking Mode does when permanently hard-wired? Also, what then does Auto Power Off do? What will change if I change the hard-wire power to ignition only?

Getting frustrated with this thing to be honest. The app is also frustrating me, as it's pretty glitchy. I would have much preferred a Parking Mode which is reliant on optical means for protected recording - unsure why the camera companies have gone away from this...

Thanks very much all!

Hello @evans2260

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to find an answer to your question, we can help though.

Can I check what version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

The answer to many questions depends on the above.

The auto-power off feature will be redundant if you have it on permanently live - this feature will turn the camera off after the set time when the camera loses power, this of course doesn't happen when the camera is on a permanently live fuse.

What actions have you noticed cause the glitchyness? Are you able to use the feedback feature within the App to allow us to find out why this could be happening?

Back