Proper way to hardwire B1W with Blueskysea kit?

vhblanco

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking to buy the official Blueskysea hardwire kit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075WPSZYH

Which seems to come with only one fuse tap of each of the most common blade-type fuses but it was two power wires (in the pictures it says red for constant and yellow for ACC) so I would have to buy another fuse tap to connect both red and yellow.

Someone posted this diagram but it is for another dashcam and I think it would not apply to the B1W:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode.32774/page-9#lg=post-419810&slide=0

What I read is that the B1W does not have support for ACC recognition so we should only connect it to a source of constant power and parking mode will work automatically with G-sensor on latest beta firmware (or manually in official firmware) but buying an extra fuse tap of the same fuse type my car uses so I can connect the extra yellow wire to an ACC fuse port would be useless and redundant right?

So my question is if I buy the kit on the amazon link above I only need to connect the red wire (to constant power) with one of the included fuse taps and ground and leave the yellow one disconnected since B1W doesn't support ACC recognition?

Thank you in advance!

Dash Cam Hardwire Right Angled Micro USB Fuse Kit

I have ordered this kit from Amazon. I has a right angled Micro USB plug so the wire will run straight up to the top of the wind screen.

The kit you mention I agree, leave yellow ACC (Accessory) unconnected.

61vx%2B9gL2BL._SL1001_.jpg

Dash Cam Hardwire Right Angled Micro USB Fuse Kit

I have ordered this kit from Amazon. I has a right angled Micro USB plug so the wire will run straight up to the top of the wind screen.

The kit you mention I agree, leave yellow ACC (Accessory) unconnected.

Thanks, this kit looks simpler and it's cheaper but I'd still have to order a micro2 fuse tap separately and it does not have battery drain protection, does it?

Yes will have to order the fuse tap separate.

Yes that kit has the low voltage shutdown. If you look at the box it shows 12.0V-11.6V as the range it will shutdown thereby protecting auto battery.

Yes will have to order the fuse tap separate.

Yes that kit has the low voltage shutdown. If you look at the box it shows 12.0V-11.6V as the range it will shutdown thereby protecting auto battery.

Thanks!

If this kit from your link has the low voltage shutdown indeed, you can go with them! But we recommend use official hardwire kit!

If this kit from your link has the low voltage shutdown indeed, you can go with them! But we recommend use official hardwire kit!

but you didn't reply how to use the official, just as others suggested? connecting the red one to constant and yellow unconnected?

Yellow unconnected!

Back