Pruveeo D700 intereferes with GM key FOBs

Darren Walston

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased and installed a Pruveeo D700 dash cam, causing major problems with my 2011 Cadillac SRX. The camera emits a signal that interfered with both the TPS (Tire Pressure Sensor) system and key FOBs. I was unable to start the vehicle and received TPS error messages. End result, I had to pay $300 to my local dealer to reprogram the vehicle after removing the camera. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a work around, outside of getting another camera?

Yes interference with FOBs and satellite radio seem to be quite common, and really i cant tell if any brand of cameras are safe from this.

1994 - 2001 era GM key fob wasn't interfered with using B1W, G1W series, or WR-1 cams (2 cars tested). Definitely no guarantees on these issues with any dashcam or car, but it seems more prevalent when the cam is near the antenna used for the fob. In my case the cars use the car radio antenna embedded in the windshield so maybe I'm just lucky in the cams I used with them.

Phil

1994 - 2001 era GM key fob wasn't interfered with using B1W, G1W series, or WR-1 cams (2 cars tested). Definitely no guarantees on these issues with any dashcam or car, but it seems more prevalent when the cam is near the antenna used for the fob. In my case the cars use the car radio antenna embedded in the windshield so maybe I'm just lucky in the cams I used with them.

Phil

I think that later model GM cars are more prone to this

Back