Pruveeo D700 rear view mirror cam - alternative firmware?

nasty618

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought this recently for one of my vehicles. Quality is only about fair, nothing to write home about. Plenty of noise, night performance is meh... but good enough for my purposes. Ability to add a rear back up camera - a nice plus. And for 50 bucks, not a bad deal overall - even if both cameras were to turn out to be complete crap, i get a better rear view mirror at least :)

Here is the thing, the camera records in AVI format and each one minute file is 204MB... meaning i can only get about 2.5 hours of footage on my 32 GB card. Not the end of the world, since the vehicle is not a daily driver, i'd be lucky if it gets 2 hours of driving per week.

However, I was thinking... since all for these cams seem to be chinese knock offs of... some chinese knock off of some other model :) . Then they might share the same hardware? And if so, is there another manufacturer's firmware that can be installed on it, allowing for better file format and compression? Even if you lose some front end functionality?

Has this been tried anywhere, any links?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Dash Cam Discussion 1