pulsing sound on video from A119s v2?

canadave

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My A119s v2 with GPS has hardwired power on my 2016 Kia Sorento SX+. I'm just looking at videos from it, and the audio seems to have some kind of faint pulsing noise on it. Here's a video where you can hear it:

Anyone know what this is?

that's a wierd sound. Try another SD card ?

I just got an A119s v2. My video does not look like yours. Do you have a fisheye lens ?

Edit: are you using the cpl filter ?

Last edited:
@canadave

that's a wierd sound. Try another SD card ?

I just got an A119s v2. My video does not look like yours. Do you have a fisheye lens ?

Edit: are you using the cpl filter ?
Yes, I'm using the CPL filter.

Thanks...that definitely looks like it'd fix the issue, but I'm hesitant to take the cam off the windshield and go to all that trouble. It's just odd that it never seemed to be an issue before; I swear I looked at footage when I first installed the cam, and it didn't have that noise :( But I did get my windshield replaced recently and had to reinstall the cam onto it, so maybe something happened at that point.

You just didn’t pay attention to it before. I had it right away on the new 119S.
the video does not affect.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Let's see if changing the speaker position solves it...

I moved the speaker and the noise continues. Any other advise?

Disconnect the GPS module and check.

Same thing happened to me after about 1.25 years of use. I think it first occurred after the dealership returned my car with the cable pulled out as usual.

Perhaps this time the service tech struggled to disconnect the dashcam from the GPS module/ciggy lighter and shorted the mic on the dashcam or something in the GPS module?

The video seems fine but now there is a very audible periodic buzzing exactly the same as your video.

Restarting the device and unplugging and replugging does not work. Nor does reflashing the firmware.

____
also, this is my first post on the forum and I wanted to ask other A119S users: Do you use the MOD6Vk firmware? Can you give a brief description on what it is, how it compares to the official version, and where to download it? I didn't want to write another post. Thanks!

Do you use the MOD6Vk firmware? Can you give a brief description on what it is, how it compares to the official version, and where to download it? I didn't want to write another post. Thanks!
You can get the firmware in this thread. I use 4Vk and it's been good to me but I haven't used the official firmware for quite a while so I can't give any direct comparisons.

You can get the firmware in this thread. I use 4Vk and it's been good to me but I haven't used the official firmware for quite a while so I can't give any direct comparisons.
Thanks for linking the thread. The newest Viofo firmware V4.0 has the option to set bit rate to "high". It seems that the main purpose of the modded firmware is to increase quality by raising the bit rate as well, now that the option is available, is there any benefit to the modded firmware? What made you start using the 4Vk version instead of official Viofo firmware in the past?

Thanks for linking the thread. The newest Viofo firmware V4.0 has the option to set bit rate to "high". It seems that the main purpose of the modded firmware is to increase quality by raising the bit rate as well, now that the option is available, is there any benefit to the modded firmware? What made you start using the 4Vk version instead of official Viofo firmware in the past?
I ran his firmware since he first started making them. I prefer the higher bitrate and reduced sharpness. It's quick and simple to flash so try it out. If you don't like it you can quickly revert back to stock. Remember to ALWAYS reset to default in the menu settings after you flash any firmware then go through the setup.

Back