Purchased new A119S. GPS doesn't locate satellites regularly.

r_s

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just purchased this last week and installed over the weekend. The behavior of the problem: Once it locks into GPS signal, it works the entire duration until it's turned off. It will connect for 1-2 additional power-ons, and then eventually fail to connect.

Things I've tried:
  • Restore to factory - GPS will work for 1-2 power-ons.
  • Flash with current firmware - GPS will work for 1-2 power-ons.
  • Turn GPS setting off and back on - GPS will work for 1-2 power-ons.
  • Wipe the 4 gold pins - hit-or-miss with getting GPS to connect (no pins are bent)

Try plugging your mini USB power cord directly into the side of the camera rather than into the GPS mount.

Will I get a GPS signal if the GPS mount is not powered? The problem is that the USB is tucked in the trim with just enough length to plug into the top of mount. It won't reach the side of the A119S.

GPS still functions when powered off the camera yes. If the problem continues after testing this way you need to replace your GPS mount.

You should be able to find a short mini USB extension cord that adds only a few inches. (With 90 degree even)

I am tempted to use your method to "mount" the wire regardless whether the GPS works. I find the top routing to be a pain the hind quarters...

Back