Purchased yesterday, please check vids

fa1nt88

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all

New to the forums and new to the world of dashcams.

I was going to buy the Street Guardian SG9665GC but was offered a really good price for the blackvue so I decided to go for this

I was just wondering is this the start of quality of footage?

Thanks
A

https://mega.nz/#F!6VN3AIjZ!kgvbZ-fcmyLnoMLYHc0Ghg

Quality.. such a hard thing to define. Go with the "feel good price" you paid and that "this" is adequate. I only watched the first clip.. and think the quality is less than what my DR650 puts out.. judging by the clarity of signs. There are other considerations that make the DR650 a good choice and for me it is the form factor.. and the hope that eventually the WiFi feature will work properly.

The form factor is great and all the features have worked perfectly. The videos are OK in my mind but this would of been a perfect little bundle if the quality of video would of been a little bit better. This is my first dash cam and definitely won't be my last anyways. Thanks
A

I paid $370 for the unit and the pmp kit. Doesn't sound like a great deal tbh after thinking about it hahah.

The street guardian was on sale @ $245 hence me going there in the first place

Strathfield Car Radio @ Liverpool. However the guy there was really helpful and would be a returning customer.

What firmware are you running? Reason I ask is your files are only 46 mb for 1 minute
Overall video quality looks really good considering how low of a bitrate that is, my GT680 (Novatek 96650) is like 100mb for 1 minute and looks about the same
Looks like yours is 6mbps , perhaps you're on cloud firmware for Blackvue, I wonder if you downgrade to V1.002 whether you'll notice a difference with the video quality. That would be 8mbps IIRC
http://www.blackvue.com/support/downloads/

Hi all

New to the forums and new to the world of dashcams.

I was going to buy the Street Guardian SG9665GC but was offered a really good price for the blackvue so I decided to go for this

I was just wondering is this the start of quality of footage?

Thanks
A

https://mega.nz/#F!6VN3AIjZ!kgvbZ-fcmyLnoMLYHc0Ghg

Hello,

First of all thank you for choosing our products, if you have any questions we are here to help.

Regarding the video samples you have provided. We recommend selecting the higher bitrate setting in the BlackVue PC Player.

Currently, your video's bitrate is only 6203kbps; meaning you are on the standard quality setting. [edit] I will also add that it is a relatively cloudy day, and when the lighting is better ie. a sunny day you will see a jump in the ability to read details.

We recommend going into the BlackVue player and selecting 'Highest' our of the 3 quality modes for 1080P.

Bare in mind, you will get less recording time as you increase the size of each video file by doing this. We always recommend finding a balance between video quality & recording time.

** As I was writing this justinsane posted and he is on the right point.

Yep I'm on the black view c firmware. I was thinking about downgrading to the v1.002 last night but didn't get time to do so I'll give that a go after work.

I was looking through the settings of the black view player on the pc and couldn't not see an option to change video quality

All I saw was

1080p@30fps
1080p@15fps etc etc

I'll have a better look tonight.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yep I'm on the black view c firmware. I was thinking about downgrading to the v1.002 last night but didn't get time to do so I'll give that a go after work.

I was looking through the settings of the black view player on the pc and couldn't not see an option to change video quality

All I saw was

1080p@30fps
1080p@15fps etc etc

I'll have a better look tonight.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Hi, we distribute cameras with the older firmware (non-cloud) so I am assuming you have upgraded.

But yes, if you would like to increase the video quality, please downgrade to 1.002 and you will get 3 quality options (Highest-High-Normal) in the PC Player.

You will see a vast improvement in the picture quality after selecting the highest mode.

Thank you,

Is there any plans to increase the bitrate?

Is there any plans to increase the bitrate?
There are limitatiom on this solustion and unfortunatelly it can not handle stable long run high bit-rate.

@alexsoll

hey yeah i saw that after i bought it. there will always be pros and cons with all cameras.

im still pretty happy with the blackvue and even more so after downgrading the firmware.

these are videos at 8mp bitrate. caught a bit of road rage as well.

https://mega.nz/#F!PUclAB5D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 14
O DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 6
Back