Q3H-2 4K Action Camera - Unboxing, review and testing

NMD

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
Q3H-2
This review is about Q3H-2 action camera I have acquired in Banggood for a lower price to 50 €.

This camera is equipped with Sony IMX179 image sensor (8.1 Mpx) and an Allwinner V3S processor. The rear screen 2 '' allows you to change the camera settings and view videos stored on the SD card. The menus are fairly intuitive, which facilitates its use. The same tasks can be accomplished through a smartphone, using XDV or SportLook Apps and a Wi-Fi connection.
Despite being a low-cost camera, it comes equipped with many accessories like as the 30 meters waterproof case and bike accessories.

The Q3H-2 is a camera with a 170 deg wide-angle lens that allows 4K video recording at 30fps, 2.7K at 30fps, 1080p at 60/30fps and 720p at 90/60/30fps. It is capable of taking pictures up to 16 MPx.
The camera also offers the following operating modes:
● Video Time-Lapse: the camera generates a video file from a time-lapse
● Drama-shot (Burst): the camera captures a photo sequences at a frequency of 3, 5 or 10 pictures/sec
● Driving mode (Car mode): The camera turns on and starts video recording so that receives power through the USB cable​
It supports digital zoom, adjustable or automatic white balance and adjustable exposure time.

According to the manufacturer's specifications, the battery (900 mAh) ensures a range of about 70 minutes of recording in 1080p at 30fps.

Specifications and features:
● Processor: Allwinner V3S
● Image Sensor: Sony IMX179 (8.1 Mpx)
● Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB, micro-HDMI
● Battery: 900 mAh
● Dimensions: 29.8 x 59.2 x 41 mm
● Weight: 58g
● Storage: microSD card up to 64 GB (sold separately)
● Video resolution: 4K (30fps), 2.7K (30fps), 1080P (60/30fps), 720p (90/60/30fps)
● Photo resolution: 16M, 12M, 8M, 5M, 2M
● Time-Lapse: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 segundos
● Video format: .mp4
● Photos format: .jpg​

===============================================================
===============================================================

The battery is compatible with those used in the SJ4000 or Eken H9 cameras. This camera does not support USB AV-out video output, making it impossible to use for FPV or other purposes.

I've seen this camera with different firmwares able to perform recording 720p at 120fps. Whether the firmware level and the hardware level, I think Q3H-2 is equivalent to F60B and other cameras available on the market.

These tests were performed with 20160709V03 firmware. I think for photography, picture quality is not good enough as with many other action cameras. When it comes to video capture, the camera meets all needs. Already the sound capture level, could be carried out some improvements.
Overall, the quality/price ratio of the product is attractive.

Soon I will put some more tests that will perform with the camera.

The 1080 60fps appears to be enlarged from 720 60fps!

I wonder what the 4K looks like, maybe 1080 enlarged?

It's well out of focus on the right anyway.

Here is a short clip of editing the boot and shutdown camera logos:

Back