Q800 Pro App

mason.k1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just installed the dash cam and app. I have noticed that while viewing footage back on the app there is no way to pinch to zoom, Am I missing something here but how are you meant to grab a license plate in an emergency other than waiting until you are in-front of a PC. Is this just unique to Android or does IOS have the same very silly function. I would have tried to share the video to my pictures and tried it that way but alas you cant do that either. My only thought (untested as yet) is to grab a screen shot of the video.

Has any one found a solution other than buying Blackvue.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no way to zoom in through the app. You'd want to use a desktop viewer such as VLC to zoom in or take screenshots on your phone to zoom in. Do note that the smartphone app is really meant more for changing of settings as well as on-the-spot conveniences rather than full video details.

Unfortunately, no way to zoom in through the app. You'd want to use a desktop viewer such as VLC to zoom in or take screenshots on your phone to zoom in. Do note that the smartphone app is really meant more for changing of settings as well as on-the-spot conveniences rather than full video details.
Thanks for the reply. I have now connected the camera via hotspot. this is done automatically now when connected to BlueTooth with the Tasker app, fantastic. Once it detects the phone is conected to the cars Blue Tooth it turns the WiFi tethering on and then off again once disconnected, simply. My question is can I set up my wifes phone to do the same with a different Hot spot name, IE how many phones can be stored in Thinkware.

Thanks for the reply. I have now connected the camera via hotspot. this is done automatically now when connected to BlueTooth with the Tasker app, fantastic. Once it detects the phone is conected to the cars Blue Tooth it turns the WiFi tethering on and then off again once disconnected, simply. My question is can I set up my wifes phone to do the same with a different Hot spot name, IE how many phones can be stored in Thinkware.

Yup, Thinkware can save multiple hotspot devices.

Back