Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Viofo A119S, Xiaomi Mijia, 360 J511C, etc
Saw the Q800 Pro have new firmware 1.01.01 released on 03/07/2019

Changes:
- Add Remote LiveView functionality
- Add driving only partition

No mention of improve image quality. Am going to update the firmware and test it out.

The imagequality wasn't improved. Sometimes (depends of the conditions of the light) the imagequality ist really crisp and the colours and the contrast are very realistic. But otherwise, I don't know the reason why, the imagequality s poor (grainy and the colours seems to be washed out).
Because I see these two different imagequalities, I am sure Thinkware will release a new firmware soon. (Pardon, I am not a native (english) speaker. There may be some mistakes ... ☹)PSX_20190707_100245.jpgPSX_20190707_100245.jpg

Last edited:
Looking back at the F770 videos, it's way more clearer than F800Pro/Q800Pro :ROFLMAO:

My q800pro has awesome video quality. I didn’t know the new firmware has live video feed. I’m going to have to update it asap.

Updated to latest firmware 1.01.01 cause bugs in time zone. I'm at UTC -4:00 daylight saving enabled. Live View gave correct time but in Parking Mode stamped incorrect time by 1hrs ahead. Emailed to @Thinkware Dash Cam support, they asked me to set to UTC -5:00 daylight saving enabled. Parking mode stamped correct time but Live View gave incorrect time. Previous version time zone had no bugs

Updated to latest firmware 1.01.01 cause bugs in time zone. I'm at UTC -4:00 daylight saving enabled. Live View gave correct time but in Parking Mode stamped incorrect time by 1hrs ahead. Emailed to @Thinkware Dash Cam support, they asked me to set to UTC -5:00 daylight saving enabled. Parking mode stamped correct time but Live View gave incorrect time. Previous version time zone had no bugs

same on both my cameras. I put +1 & daylight saving.
time shows correct, bu after a while gets 1hr behind (both live view & clips)

From Thinkware support:
Please try resetting the GPS by going to Dash Cam Info > GPS > Tap the Arrow in the Top Right until the GPS Status says connecting.

What i also find out is aftering setting time zone and saved. unplug q800pro power cable and replug

same on both my cameras. I put +1 & daylight saving.
time shows correct, bu after a while gets 1hr behind (both live view & clips)

Just an update:
Set my time zone to UTC -4:00 and disabled daylight saving seem worked. I know I did it last time and it's not working. But anyway, it works now.

Back