Q800 Pro Help

DaCrazy1

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello all,

I am thinking of buying a Q800 pro with twin cameras and i have some questions please.

1/. Will the Q800 work with no issues with a Cell Link B?

2/. If i keep the Cell Link B on will the Q800 allow for recording when parked? I read about parking mode and manual mode.

3/. Can i use any micro sd card in the Q800? I read about Sandisk Extreme Pro or Samsung Evo Select.

4/. Sill question are the camera leads for the Balckvue DR650 the same as the leads for the Q800?

Hoping i could please get some honest advice before i purchase.

Cheers

1+2) yes it will, as long as you get the thinkware hardwire kit (i myself have it on the cellink PRO battery)
3) i have sandisk 128gb without problems
4) leads?

4. Those are different
Blackvue is using Coax (mini) to connect rear cam Thinkware is using Micro USB. (Rear one 90 degree angled)
(As it looks you upgrade from DR650 installation will be an easy task. Most time consuming will be front to rear cable installation. Use your old cable and tie new cable to it then pull old one out and new one will be in place. Might do the trick.(Unless no cable ties are used)

ah yes, different indeed. personally my wires go through the side of the car underneath the door seals

To clarify a bit more:

1/. Will the Q800 work with no issues with a Cell Link B?
You need to get the Thinkware hardwire kit, which then needs to be spliced to the 3 wire output cable of the Cellink B in order to receive parking mode recording.

2/. If i keep the Cell Link B on will the Q800 allow for recording when parked? I read about parking mode and manual mode.
Answer above. Not splicing the two cables together results in the Q800PRO recording in continuous mode at all times.

Back