Q800 Pro horrible video quality?

i got my q800 pro for 250$ from best buy, and installation was $150. i think if i get blackvue now i will spend way more money and my 150 would have gone to waste. so difficult.

I didn't have to install my Q800 Pro as I was replacing my F800 Pro. But my F800 Pro was DIY installed. $150 is a lot of money.

Your Q800 Pro is cheap as mine was about $630+- with Thinkware 64GB micro SD and CPL.

I didn't have to install my Q800 Pro as I was replacing my F800 Pro. But my F800 Pro was DIY installed. $150 is a lot of money.

Your Q800 Pro is cheap as mine was about $630+- with Thinkware 64GB micro SD and CPL.
it is $300 but best buy was having a sale for $250, 32 gb memory.

i didnt know how to hardwire it so i had a professional do it.

im also looking at the vantrue n2 pro. but thats only 1080p.

it is $300 but best buy was having a sale for $250, 32 gb memory.

i didnt know how to hardwire it so i had a professional do it.

im also looking at the vantrue n2 pro. but thats only 1080p.

That's a good deal though. Here they provide free installation by the local Thinkware distributor.

But I prefer to try hands-on installation after watching Youtube :ROFLMAO:

That's a good deal though. Here they provide free installation by the local Thinkware distributor.

But I prefer to try hands-on installation after watching Youtube :ROFLMAO:
thats why im a little hesitant to get another one because this one was a good deal, and its already installed. but every time i play back a recording i kind of get disappointed at the quality.

maybe i should just wait and see what kind of firmware updates they hand out...i have like 6 days left to return i probably will not.

haha well im in california so no distributors here.

Did you try watching the videos on a 4K tv? I tried it and it's a bit better than watching on my 29" computer screen.

Waiting for Thinkware to release a new firmware to fix it too.

their 4k dashcam is way too big and i will never consider it.

i am returning the cpl lense.

i am trying to figure out if i should settle with q800 or go with the blackvue 4k dashcam.

im pretty sure i need to buy the power magic pro with the blackvue right? thats an extra expense...so idk.

make sure you do your research, as that camera overheats very quickly in parkmode.

Some people need to go the hard way to understand. That's fine to make their own exprience and learn from it.

I'm so angry with myself.
You check the installers pictures of Thinkware and how great they look with that fancy night vision 2 and that great lane detection and collision and extreme clearly night vision.

And i end up with a camera that the video looks like a CAM-v2-nowatermark.avi from a movie theater. Just plain bad. I wish i have checked the forum before buying it. And lets not get started with that amzingly bad interface.

And i'm reading now about overheating in parking mode , that will be great in Greece parking in the sun with 40celcius outside.

I'm so angry with myself.
You check the installers pictures of Thinkware and how great they look with that fancy night vision 2 and that great lane detection and collision and extreme clearly night vision.

And i end up with a camera that the video looks like a CAM-v2-nowatermark.avi from a movie theater. Just plain bad. I wish i have checked the forum before buying it. And lets not get started with that amzingly bad interface.

And i'm reading now about overheating in parking mode , that will be great in Greece parking in the sun with 40celcius outside.
Are you able to upload a video or two to a cloud and share the links to them. In the UK our Dealers were very disappointed when we discontinued this product as it was their favourite model due to decent video etc! I have seen a few 'blurry' ones over the years though that were faulty. (One was a Faulty CPL Filter too)

We rarely get 40 degree heat here but i don't think you will suffer from overheating. I believe the Thermal cut out is about 80 degrees C, from what i understand that's why they are liked so much in some parts of the USA for example as it's one of the few cameras that doesn't overheat.

Since i still have the original 16GB sd card which records about 2 hours of driving i do now have many dayligh or night videos.

but i know for sure and i have seen that this

1698406443633.png

As advertised on the site is completely false and this

1698406481432.png

That supposes to filter the sun does not happen i will upload more video once i install my 128GB card today and drive around this week.

This is a night video, i do not thik anyone can see the plate in the car in front or in the parked cars.

This is a day video.
Can you view the car in front plate ? i mean it is 2K ! if i take a ascreenshot and zoom i should be able to view clearly but the result is not what you expect

Below is a screenshot from the video with zoom 200% on the screenshot. 2K ????

1698407003500.png

even if you pause the video while in motion you will see how blury everything is instead of the superb images on the manufacturer web site.

And one of my favorites features, the parking mode. This is parked. Night with plenty of lights in the house. Again does this match the amazing feature of night vision 2.0 with their screenshots ?

Last but not least i want to comment the ridiculous setting of motion detection while parked that does not have an Disable, only low and mid. Which means that parking on the streat you get backup and have 50 alerts of people passing by.
Here you can see a bird!!

Attachments

• 1698406931347.png
    1698406931347.png
    424.5 KB · Views: 6
I think initially you should contact where the camera was purchased from. To me the videos look very slightly our of focus so i suspect there may be an issue. Number plates at night are always difficult to get, it's bad enough in the UK where they are Yellow but even worse on White Plates as they are naturally very reflective so that part really depends how the Headlights are hitting the Plate in front. If you have a CPL attached it would be worth a try without it just in case that is the issue.

Last edited:
I think initially you should contact where the camera was purchased from. To me the videos look very slightly our of focus so i suspect there may be an issue. Number plates at night are always difficult to get, it's bad enough in the UK where they are Yellow but even worse on White Plates as they are naturally very reflective so that part really depends how the Headlights are hitting the Plate in front. If you have a CPL attached it would be worth a try without it just in case that is the issue.

I haven't notice the out of focus, i think it looks ok now (i washed my car :D ), but again i cannot get the video that looks like that.
My main objection at the moment is the night where you suppose to have the amazin super-duper night vision 2.0 which does this

1698751973587.png
but i see this

1698752002547.png

And at night you can barely see the front car, again not mentioning the plates from distance, it seams that you read the plates only if you actually bump to the car !

1698752065848.png

1698752125057.png

Should i change settins ? maybe disabvle the nigvht vision on continous recording, or change from bright to none ot brighter.

And i have a video passing throught two tunnels which again lighting is bad.
But you can see the clear as day sky

i washed my car :D
I hope that include the inside of the glass too.

Running dashcam you can not clean your glass too often, and it make me wonder back when i was a smoker how the hell i was able to see out my windows CUZ they only got " cleaned " in winter due to dew on the inside.
Even now not smoking the inside glass still get dirty fast.

I hope that include the inside of the glass too.

Running dashcam you can not clean your glass too often, and it make me wonder back when i was a smoker how the hell i was able to see out my windows CUZ they only got " cleaned " in winter due to dew on the inside.
Even now not smoking the inside glass still get dirty fast.

yes i notice that also, winter and dew is going to be a problem.

Since i still have the original 16GB sd card which records about 2 hours of driving i do now have many dayligh or night videos.

but i know for sure and i have seen that this

View attachment 68782

As advertised on the site is completely false and this

View attachment 68783

That supposes to filter the sun does not happen i will upload more video once i install my 128GB card today and drive around this week.

This is a night video, i do not thik anyone can see the plate in the car in front or in the parked cars.

This is a day video.
Can you view the car in front plate ? i mean it is 2K ! if i take a ascreenshot and zoom i should be able to view clearly but the result is not what you expect

Below is a screenshot from the video with zoom 200% on the screenshot. 2K ????

View attachment 68785

even if you pause the video while in motion you will see how blury everything is instead of the superb images on the manufacturer web site.

And one of my favorites features, the parking mode. This is parked. Night with plenty of lights in the house. Again does this match the amazing feature of night vision 2.0 with their screenshots ?

Last but not least i want to comment the ridiculous setting of motion detection while parked that does not have an Disable, only low and mid. Which means that parking on the streat you get backup and have 50 alerts of people passing by.
Here you can see a bird!!
If you take a screenshot and zoom in, that will be unusable like this pictures, because the dpi of the screen. You should make a photo from the video (for example with VLC palyer function), than save it in PNG file, than zoom in! That will be ok. Print screen button is not suitable for saving. It saves the already reduced resolution of the screen, unless you have a 2K or 4K monitor.

If you take a screenshot and zoom in, that will be unusable like this pictures, because the dpi of the screen. You should make a photo from the video (for example with VLC palyer function), than save it in PNG file, than zoom in! That will be ok. Print screen button is not suitable for saving. It saves the already reduced resolution of the screen, unless you have a 2K or 4K monitor.

No, check the screenshot more carefully that is exactly what i did. That is a screenshot from VLC video. I didn't printscren the video.
Then i opened the saved png with xnview and i zoomed 200% (see the highlight on the image bottom left).

You are saying that you post a same screenshot from day and you have better results in 200% zoom ?

Back