Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My thinkware camera has stopped working

All I hear is GPS connected
Nothing else, cant connect to it on my phone, nothing

Pressed the reset button with a pin

Nothing

Which card are you using? And have you checked it with "h2testw" freeware to verify that is is functioning correctly?

Phil

has been working fine all this time

I have a Sandisk A1 400Gb card

i'll swap cards tomorrow and see if that makes any difference

Are you powered on via hardwire kit? If so, try using just the 12V adapter that connects to the vehicle's cigarette socket.

Thanks to blackboxmycar

On google I found out how to reset the device

Pressing reset button does nothing

I pulled out the memory card, reset it, then I changed memory card back to thinkware, tried to power it on with buttons and now working

I shall test the memory card out and try it again in the car after tested

I have it connected via cellink and all wired in

Thanks all

i think the card has had it

tried h2testw , got into "writing" after 2h 40 and stopped (i.e. looks like its doing something, but its not)

Formatted it in windows, default size etc, (under exFAT) gets to the end after several hours and says "cant format etc"

Also deleted all the files , but still remain...

worth getting onto Sandisk ?

I've heard from some that SanDisk does check cards out before warranty replacement as their warranties were refused for being out of specified allowed usage, but others have gotten a replacement without delay or hassle even with thew card full of video files. My own approach is to not bother as the loss is small and I'll get a new card rather than waiting on a warranty anyway. But it's worth a try if you want to put forth the effort- the worst they can do is deny your claim ;)

Phil

sandisk have approved my RMA request

I didnt think ill have to send it to Poland !
ah well lets hope they dont charge me a lot lol

It might be that they refuse to warranty the card after they receive it and check it over?

Replacement came today
from Poland !
came in a (A3) Cardboard envelope

24 hours from Poland is good going !

Overall turnout is far quicker than i expected especially at this current time

+1 :) Same issue using Cellink Neo and 400GB card after like 15 month of use. (No GPS connected instead of card error!? Most likely GPS wants to access a file and due to error it does restart process.

Thanks to blackboxmycar

On google I found out how to reset the device

Pressing reset button does nothing

I pulled out the memory card, reset it, then I changed memory card back to thinkware, tried to power it on with buttons and now working

I shall test the memory card out and try it again in the car after tested

I have it connected via cellink and all wired in

Thanks all
128g is Max on this unit....

that's what Thinmkware say, but as i said previously a 400Gb card does work, but they don't last very long as they are not designed for video usage

Hello,

Could you please anyone advise on the below issue related with Q800 PRO Thinkware dash & rear camera ?

Dash Camera has been installed by professional with hard wiring in order to work on parking mode too. Dash camera is not working properly because usually have the below issues :
  1. Engine is on and camera is switching to parking mode

2. Often when i start the car is not opening
I already did the below :
1. Reset camera
2. Format the camera
3.Replace the sd card
4. I brought the car to another electrician to check the cables and advise that the installation is correct

Back