Q800 Pro not locking onto car hotspot

Michael J

Reaction score
Country
United States
So have another problem. When I first start the car in the morning, the 800 says "Internet not available" and for the entire trip it never locks onto the internet.
After I heard it fail this morning, I connected my Samsung S10 5G to the Land Rover hotspot up using the WIFI connection, no problems. (I did this to test the hotspot was working on the car)

My guess:
So by morning, I assume parking mode has timed out and / or battery is too low so it shuts off the system.
When it comes back on, I'm guessing that the software on the 800 is checking too early for the signal from the Land Rover hotspot?
I also do not hear the 800 trying again to lock onto the hotspot.
So for the entire trip, no internet connection and I cant pull up live view or anything else on my cell phone.

2020 Land Rover Sport
Q800Pro with front and rear cameras installed (brand new unit ordered from Thinkware's website)
Hooked up to Land Rover internal hot spot using AT&T SIM card
Cellink NEO dashcam battery
App Version 4.3.22 on Android version 10
Firmware v1.02.01 installed

Any suggestions?

Is there an option for "boot delay" in this cam's menu? That might allow the car's system to load first so the cam 'sees' it.

Phil

Is there an option for "boot delay" in this cam's menu? That might allow the car's system to load first so the cam 'sees' it.

Phil
Unfortunately, our dash cams do not have a "boot delay" option.

So have another problem. When I first start the car in the morning, the 800 says "Internet not available" and for the entire trip it never locks onto the internet.
After I heard it fail this morning, I connected my Samsung S10 5G to the Land Rover hotspot up using the WIFI connection, no problems. (I did this to test the hotspot was working on the car)

My guess:
So by morning, I assume parking mode has timed out and / or battery is too low so it shuts off the system.
When it comes back on, I'm guessing that the software on the 800 is checking too early for the signal from the Land Rover hotspot?
I also do not hear the 800 trying again to lock onto the hotspot.
So for the entire trip, no internet connection and I cant pull up live view or anything else on my cell phone.

2020 Land Rover Sport
Q800Pro with front and rear cameras installed (brand new unit ordered from Thinkware's website)
Hooked up to Land Rover internal hot spot using AT&T SIM card
Cellink NEO dashcam battery
App Version 4.3.22 on Android version 10
Firmware v1.02.01 installed

Any suggestions?
Have you tried re-loading the latest firmware version on your Q800PRO?

First time doing a firmware update... do you have to backup your settings first? Or does it remember all your settings and does the firmware update? Or do you have to go thru that whole setup again?

First time doing a firmware update... do you have to backup your settings first? Or does it remember all your settings and does the firmware update? Or do you have to go thru that whole setup again?
When you update/re-flash the firmware all of the settings will be restored to the factory default.

Back