Q800 Pro Parking Mode

Balla16

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Okay, so I'm very interesting in getting a Q800 Pro both front and rear cam. The main reason is because if my car gets keyed, I want the recording of the person actually doing it(let's say the key the hood), and the face. I know that home surveillance systems have like a heat system where if a person is detected, the cameras focus or something is enabled for better quality. So in that scenario, let's say we're parked in parking mode, will this be recorded? Because I looked at what parking mode was all about, and it says that if a collision is detected (does this mean if the car is hit or bumped into?) the camera will record the next 20 seconds. If this is the case, and in the scenario we do not catch the perpetrator, is there a way to keep the dash cam on while parked instead of turning on parking mode? Then when the battery is about to die, but enough to start, the power is cut off (will be hardwiring)?

Yup, check this out:

So unless the perp is literally approaching your vehicle from the side (out of the dash cam's field of view) and leaving your vehicle like this as well, everything should be captured in detail.

Yup, check this out:

So unless the perp is literally approaching your vehicle from the side (out of the dash cam's field of view) and leaving your vehicle like this as well, everything should be captured in detail.
I noticed this was in conjunction with the cellink neo battery. Stated in the video the text states 20 hours of continuous recording. Is that 20 continuous meaning the camera is powered on and recording as it would during normal driving mode continuous or is that 20 hours of motion detection/parking impact recording? I’m interested in either the cellink neo or the new Thinkware external batter pack.

I get roughtly 34 hours of continous recording using Celink Neo. Best reliable parking mode you can get.

Cheers,
Is that leaving the camera powered on as it would be during normal driving or during parking mode? Either way, that’s awesome!

Is that leaving the camera powered on as it would be during normal driving or during parking mode? Either way, that’s awesome!

Depending on the dash cam setup, it's anywhere from 15-40 hours with a Cellink Neo. This would be in the actual parking mode recording feature although most dash cams draw about the same power in continuous mode and parking mode.

Using parking mode it will use less power so it will last longer. Only downside it does limit the framerate to like 15fps but it is good enough to capture any event around my car. If you need longer time you can hook up another celink neo to get more than 48hours recording.

Yup, check this out:

hi
did he not notice the cameras ? i guess he was blind from wearing sunglasses ? lol

if you want parking mode
i have a Q800 PRO with a Cellink Neo 9 installed
i work at a supermarket , so all day with people going past my car, it will last approx 2 days in motion detection mode (2 cameras)

hi
did he not notice the cameras ? i guess he was blind from wearing sunglasses ? lol

Guess not! They are very discreet if you're not looking for a dash cam in the vehicle :)

if you want parking mode
i have a Q800 PRO with a Cellink Neo 9 installed
i work at a supermarket , so all day with people going past my car, it will last approx 2 days in motion detection mode (2 cameras)

That would last about 20-25 hours. You may want to get a Neo extended battery pack on top to extend the duration.

Back