Q800 PRO, REAR camera of poor quality

Shiwarrior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can i ask someone to view this video please,

i think the video is really poor quality
anyone got a Q800 PRO as well they can compare it to please ?

thanks

It seems kind of grainy, but my Viofo dash cam does a similar thing in low light conditions. I haven't really messed with the EV settings to improve it though.

Can i ask someone to view this video please,

i think the video is really poor quality
anyone got a Q800 PRO as well they can compare it to please ?

thanks
There's no question, the video is pretty bad in the low-light scenario. At the beginning and very end of the video, the images look clear enough.

You might try to do some side by side comparisons with your front dashcam. With wiring already in place, that may be hard to do.

I'd definitely capture enough video from your rear dashcam to show Thinkware customer support.

The camera try way too hard to make bright footage ( using a high ISO that in any camera will give you noise in the footage ) it could also be 3DNR is not on or working well ( noise reduction )

At 5 in the morning it is still pretty black, so driving on a back road should mostly just be darkness.

A few days before and at the opposite time of the day, WARNING ! this camera run a modified firmware where there are next to no color in the footage even in daylight.
Also i do think in my case there was probably more light available, it wasent dark for sure, but a lot darker 25 minutes later when i was just about home.
This is looking west where the sun have "just" set.
I think ATM the sun get up at 6 in the morning in Denmark, and set at 7 in the evening,,,, or there about. ( Edit probably +1 hour now that we are on summer time as of yesterday )
cd3b6020e1747fa6bb3e37ace28d0d46fa2ece97.jpg

Last edited:
Back