Q800-What Micro Card To Use?

JagManDave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Thinkware 64GB SD Microcard recently failed, so I need a replacement. The prices quoted by 'Thinkware' seem expensive. Any suggestions on an alternative manufacturers card giving the same write speed and video quality?

Samsung pro endurance. I have been using one for more than a year on my Q800 pro without any issues. I had 2 Thinkware SD cards failed on me within 6 months so I gave up on those.

Samsung pro endurance. I have been using one for more than a year on my Q800 pro without any issues. I had 2 Thinkware SD cards failed on me within 6 months so I gave up on those.

I actually just bought this dashcam last weekend and I logged on here to get an answer as well! Problem is, mine is stating SD card error every time I start my car requests a format (which i do each time) and I'm using that Samsung Endurance card...

I actually just bought this dashcam last weekend and I logged on here to get an answer as well! Problem is, mine is stating SD card error every time I start my car requests a format (which i do each time) and I'm using that Samsung Endurance card...
does it work ok with the supplied Thinkware card?

No error message when I started the car! I might have to buy this: https://www.amazon.com.au/Sandisk-E...keywords=High-Endurance&qid=1591746195&sr=8-3 or perhaps a Lexar, any card besides the expensive Thinkware that you would recommend?
their firmware is intentionally written to work with their own cards and not with others, if you find a card that uses the same controller that their cards use then they generally work, not something you can know though so it's pot luck as to what works, even what works for someone else is no guarantee as memory card controller chipsets (and the card firmware) can change from production to production

their firmware is intentionally written to work with their own cards and not with others, if you find a card that uses the same controller that their cards use then they generally work, not something you can know though so it's pot luck as to what works, even what works for someone else is no guarantee as memory card controller chipsets (and the card firmware) can change from production to production
Sounds like an excuse and opportunity to charge 4x the price, which is what the Thinkware cards are at.

Sounds like an excuse and opportunity to charge 4x the price, which is what the Thinkware cards are at.
I get why it's desirable to have the end user using a known card as there are a lot of low grade cards out there and the majority of consumers don't know, or even understand the difference, that said though a small price premium would be something people would likely be ok with, however the prices they sell them at are very hard to justify

Hm, we supply the SanDisk Ultra A1 and constantly use the Samsung Pro Endurance for testing, and don't have issues. May be that the card you got is a fake/has issues.

Samsung Pro Endurance are only 42K hours

cost effective seems to be 128Gb x2 Sandisk Max Endurance (60K hours each)

i did use a 400Gb Sandisk A1 card, it did 5000 hours before it gave up

Back