Q800Pro vs U1000

Michael J

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased the Q800Pro but have not installed yet. I'm reading below issue with video quality but those reports are from 2019. Did they fix the video?

I own a business and have delivery people. I am wanting to remotely see where they are at with a live view (live camera view..not just tracking on Google maps). Will the Q800 do that?

Last edited:
If you want live view with cellular coverage, you are better off with a blackview camera since they have much stronger live view and tracking support via cloud.

From firmware v1.02.00 onwards, the video quality has improved. Now is v1.02.01 for Q800 Pro.

But for Cloud features, only U1000 has them at the moment. But if not mistaken, Q800 Pro might have cloud features in a future update.

From firmware v1.02.00 onwards, the video quality has improved. Now is v1.02.01 for Q800 Pro.

But for Cloud features, only U1000 has them at the moment. But if not mistaken, Q800 Pro might have cloud features in a future update.
I was told by Thinkware that the Q800 has all the cloud features of the U1000 except it doesnt do live view in park... It does have LiveView, Vehicle Location, etc.. are they wrong?

I was told by Thinkware that the Q800 has all the cloud features of the U1000 except it doesnt do live view in park... It does have LiveView, Vehicle Location, etc.. are they wrong?
I was told that Q800 Pro has cloud features now and only have live view while driving aka remote live view and will only receive push notification while in parking mode.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I was told that Q800 Pro has cloud features now and only have live view while driving aka remote live view and will only receive push notification while in parking mode.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
The Q800PRO currently supports all of the continuous recording mode cloud features (Tracking, Geofencing, Remote Live View, Upload Strong Impact). The Q800PRO does not/will not support the parking impact cloud notifications. I hope this clears up the confusion.

Back