QHD iNavi Quantum 2CH (Both 2560 x 1440 6mp Front + 4mp Rear) WDR,Blindspot,Capacitor,ADAS,Timelapse

Donut152

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys I've been looking around everywhere to find a new Dashcam system to replace my mini 0826, as the battery in it has been going on the fritz occasionally (only just bought the thing a couple months back). I'm wanting to actually upgrade to a Front and Rear Dash Cam system and have come across this little beauty. I'm so wanting to get a rear cam put in for the fact that a motorcyclist totally cut me off the other day on a non overtaking line at speed and a oncoming car (he was an absolute idiot who almost got killed). Would like to have rear vision evidence in future for motor vehicles approaching me from behind that can clearly be seen exceeding the speed limit and acting irrationally (also for the times if a rear end occurs in traffic).

This setup is everything I want in a Dual Dash Cam system. It says it won 2017 Design awards (probably in Korea) so I'm guessing it's rather new (probably late 2016 model). Tried searching around on here and no one has spoken about it. I've listed the main website material and specs. It looks legit and the YouTube video quality actually looks amazing. Not only that, but I think it's the only rear camera system with 2560x1440 specs (I've searched around numerous sites the highest I've seen is 1080p). Would love to get someones review on this. And if there is actually an English firmware version (not sure if it comes already in English)

Features
  • Super Capacitor (which I want this time instead of battery)
  • Ambarella A12A CPU
  • 32, 64, 128gb SD card (with Format free 2.0)(Not quite sure if it also has micro SD)
  • Timelapse mode for parking (which I really want)
  • Motion Detection/Shock
  • G Sensor (3 axis)
  • Security LED & GPS LED
  • Optional GPS
  • FCWS/uFCWS (ultra Forward Collision Warning System)(Alerts for front car proximity crash avoidance with your car)
  • Lane Departure Warning System
  • FVSA (Forward Vehicle Start Alert)(For Alerts in traffic when cars in front drive away and you're stopped still)
  • They call it "Extreme" ADAS (it has a function built in to alert you when a car goes into your blindspot which I haven't seen on any specs before)
  • 3.5" IPS LCD Touch display screen
  • Ultra Night Mode (they have an in house setting that acts like an IR night mode for extremely dark places which is good for parking in those dodgy parts of town but looks bad casually driving with high noise)
  • WDR (wide dynamic range) (which I want no matter what)
  • Drive X mode (I don't completely know what this is but I have a hint that it might be a OBD2 port mode for receiving data
  • Front camera has an option of 140° or 180° view: 2560 x 1440 6MP, 1/1.8” Sony CMOS (Sony Starvis Exmor R Image sensor has something to do with viewing objects in near darkness using the starlight/ambient light)
  • Rear camera has the same 140° or 180° view: 2560 x 1440 4MP, 1/3” Omnivision (the 180° mode is like a fish eye type view which is great on the back camera)
  • Full HD 1080p and 720p modes (Not sure on the frame rates)
  • Thermistor (temperature detection and overheat precautions -10 to 60°C)
Supposedly it has great heat dissipation from the aluminum shell construction I read somewhere
img_01.jpg

spec_01.jpg

904d797774118343146f3988b03ed285_lpuuhKNgtqxukqKn8bmEi.jpg

img_03.jpg

Front Camera

Front Camera night time (license plates look crystal clear)

Front Camera night time (even in the dark areas like driving under the bridge it's still amazing it picks up fine detail of number plates)

Rear Camera night time (guy is speeding but the camera sharpness looks ok)

Ultra Night Vision mode using the Exmor Starvis sensor in near darkness (not great for driving around with on but really good for parking mode in dark suburbia. Hoping there is a setting for switching it on for only parking)

Camera screen in action at night traffic

I love the Extreme ADAS/FVSA feature in the rain

One second increment daytime front camera Timelapse feature (Really Clear)

Another daytime freeway driving at speed (Crystal clear love it! make sure to turn the YouTube quality to 1440p)

Blindspot Feature (which I think you have to have the OBD2 plugged in)

http://www.inavi.com/Products/BlackBox/Gate?target=_QUANTUM

Last edited:
Back